Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Greg Howe
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greg Howe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
I know the administrator of the Greg Howe Lessons section of the Greg Howe site and I asked him why the forum is locked. I guess Greg isn't a fan of forums and isn't comfortable with a forum dedicated to him. Confused Oh, well... That's the news for those wondering why it's locked.

this sucks!

he should have a forum.....at least for sustaining and keeping in touch with his fanbase .
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
I know the administrator of the Greg Howe Lessons section of the Greg Howe site and I asked him why the forum is locked. I guess Greg isn't a fan of forums and isn't comfortable with a forum dedicated to him. Confused Oh, well... That's the news for those wondering why it's locked.

this sucks!

he should have a forum.....at least for sustaining and keeping in touch with his fanbase .

Yeah, it's a bit hard to understand. Heck, even Guthrie was very open to having a forum dedicated to him although he was extremely flattered and couldn't understand why people would want to talk about him. Laughing

I guess Greg is a very low-key and private person and, like Guthrie, is uncomfortable with people raining praises on him. I hope I could change his mind sometime. I agree that he needs to stay in touch with his dedicated fanbase and keep growing it.

You see what I'm doing with Guthrie. It's about spreading the word amongst the crowd who'd enjoy something like that. Greg could do the same. He needs to have a dozen video clips out there. The website could use some sprucing up. I'm going through and thinking, "Why the video clips with Michael Jackson and Enrique Iglesias? Why would we fusion/shred fans into his virtuosic playing be interested in this stuff?" Come on, Greg. Endear yourself to the fans who support you. They're amongst the most dedicated and loyal fans that an artist could ever hope to have.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Noise Epidemic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's cool he's got those posted, just as a way of saying "Hey look, I was on national TV!" or something. Sets him apart from lots of other guys, but yeah, he definitely should realize that 99.9% of his fans are going to want to see more clips like that studio jam he's got up. I know I do.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noise Epidemic wrote:
I think it's cool he's got those posted, just as a way of saying "Hey look, I was on national TV!" or something. Sets him apart from lots of other guys, but yeah, he definitely should realize that 99.9% of his fans are going to want to see more clips like that studio jam he's got up. I know I do.

I agree the pop clips are cool, as long as we have more of the improv type of video clips...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, me want more improv clips.....and some new instructional material as well Evil or Very Mad
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a long talk with Greg today. The forum is back up and running.

Greg's a really cool and down-to-earth guy for sure. I expect to be working with Greg closely in the future on various things in the same manner I do with Guthrie.

I also mentioned that he should have a forum on this Online network site to get more exposure and he seemed quite agreeable to it. So the greghowelessons.com forum can be more for online lessons stuff that he's working on and there can be a separate one here for more general things and to attract new fans who are into Guthrie, Robben, Scott H, Landau, etc. Sounds like a good plan? Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's awesome news!

Ed, you indeed rule too Smile
shredrulez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed, the service you're providing for the guitar community is just awesome. compared to guthrie, greg is an established guy who's been around a while, but greg needs a bigger audience as well. he definitely deserves more recognition. greg is a total musical wonder.
shredfusion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, you are my hero.

I wish I could have a long talk with Greg. haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: