Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - that damn phish tone
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

that damn phish tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: that damn phish tone Reply with quote

tonally, my favourite guitarist is trey anastasio from phish. I was researching how he get's that lovely warm distortion of his and happened to find out he's running all sorts of silly compression things through a number of differnt amps yadayada

anyway, not having any experience of a compressor unit i was wondering if you lot could help me. I want to buy the behringer compressor that's just come out, DIRT CHEAP (£12 or something)... just for seeing how it evens out my playing (i play far too damn hard as it is). Would you recommend this before graduating onto some ultra-expensive and rare device that you will all no doubt recommend? What experience of compressors does anyone have to impart?

Thank you for any kind words.
shredizalive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like the MXR Dyna-Comp. Really good and REALLY easy to use. Give that a try. I think it's bit better than the Behringer stuff. It's in alot of player's pedal boards.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shredizalive wrote:
I personally like the MXR Dyna-Comp. Really good and REALLY easy to use. Give that a try. I think it's bit better than the Behringer stuff. It's in alot of player's pedal boards.

That would be a good choice to start with. Compressors can be great or awful, so be careful before lunging for one. It's best to try out a few. They mess with the dynamics of your sound, so they can feel really weird, too.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: