Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Preview of the upcoming Brett Garsed DVD
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preview of the upcoming Brett Garsed DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the DVD from Brett and it's great. Been in touch with Brett for awhile and he asked me if I'd be willing to sell the DVDs out of the shop and I said I'd be very interested. I've been a big fan since I first heard him on Centrifugal Funk back in '91 or so. I remember getting that album to check out Shawn Lane and Gambale and I ended up digging Brett the most. Definitely one of my faves... His tone and style has really evolved and improved a lot since then. His tone is so much more organic and earthier than back then when he had the Steinberger GS going through a rack system with an H&K Access preamp. He said that he may be coming out to LA in June/July and said that he'd love to play here then, so I'm really looking forward to that. Brett rocks!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Guthrie check out the DVD and he was very, very impressed, calling Brett "f**king spectacular player!" and comments that Brett "manages to do the scary technical thing without ever compromising in the taste department. I didn't think he could possibly go up in my estimation, but he just did!" Guthrie says he's even inspired to use the slide on his middle finger like Brett! Very Happy Cool
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kewl! Cool of all the possible g3 combos, the one of gg, g howe, and brett would probably be the ultimate for me! Smile
Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
"manages to do the scary technical thing without ever compromising in the taste department.."

very true

it's cool how Guthrie, despite being such a monster player himself, still gets blown away by other players.....much respect
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
"manages to do the scary technical thing without ever compromising in the taste department.."

very true

it's cool how Guthrie, despite being such a monster player himself, still gets blown away by other players.....much respect

You talk with Guthrie and he would much rather talk about other great players than himself.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: