Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Delay Pedals
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay Pedals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrighty-boyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Delay Pedals Reply with quote

Hi all,

I use use the Line6 Delay modeller live and have the rack one in my studio. However, im not too happy with it live. It seem to change the tone on the amp alot.

Now this could be me setting it wrong, but any suggestions on the best man can get????(not gillette though).

Cheers
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For pedal, the T-Rex Replica (Guthrie uses it!). Very warm and hi-fi at the same time.

For rack, the TC2290 is an established legend but it has just been discontinued. Personally, I prefer the sound of the delays in the Eventide processors like the H8000, Orville, and the Eclipse over the 2290.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
acircularmotive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also recommend anything by Eventide. But if you can find a TC2290 in my opinion, thats the way to go.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2290 is an awesome delay unit, but IMO, it's a little too clear. One can say that the delayed signal sounds better than the original dry signal. The Eventide delays I've heard in the Orville and the Eclipse sound just as clear as the 2290's but sound warmer and more organic. It really depends on what kind of sound you want to get. For that David Gilmour "Run Like Hell" kind of repeated delay sounds or a bunch of U2's songs where echo is an integrated part of the band's sounds, the TC2290 is hard to beat.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
wrighty-boyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, i dont want to have to spend a fortune. And its for live use i really need it, so stomp style prefferably.

What you think of the Line 6 then Ed? I've just borrowed a T-Rex so i'll have to check it out. The only thing is, the Line6 has 3 seperate store buttons which come in very handy
GuitarSdmn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree that the T Rex delay is an incredible delay pedal, but IMO it's just too pricey, the last one I saw was $600. I know what you're saying about having a couple different delays, I need that myself as well. I too had the DL4 pedal, I too have the EchoPro in my home studio rig, and now live I use the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay. I would suggest trying that, there are a lot of usable sounds on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarSdmn wrote:

I will agree that the T Rex delay is an incredible delay pedal, but IMO it's just too pricey, the last one I saw was $600.

Yeah, it's pricey, but the street price should be around $460 or so. At least that's what TM sells 'em for.

I did hear a customer's Boss GigaDelay and thought it sounded just fine.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: