Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Asia Is Coming to America!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asia Is Coming to America!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
Great pics Ed. Which show or shows will you be going to over there? Any chance of a review or two?? Smile

I'm definitely planning on catching the July 24 show at the Coach House in south Orange County and I'll try to catch the July 31 show at the House of Blues in Hollywood. I'm moving to a new house that week so it's going to be somewhat difficult to catch both, but I'll definitely do what I can.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
treeduck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool Ed, hope the move goes smoothly and no mishaps Wink
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
That's cool Ed, hope the move goes smoothly and no mishaps Wink

Thanks. Well, with a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old, it's going to be a TALL order. Sad

BTW, Guthrie advised me that he's in LA and is now on his way in the tour bus with the rest of the crew in Asia for their first date in Minnesota. Man, that is going to be one long bus ride! Hope Guthrie makes it through okay. That's gotta be at least two full days in the bus.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
treeduck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Guthrie and the band won't be relishing that trip, luckily all the dates follow a fairly convenient geographical order so they won't have any more long trips like that (unless some dates are added). I'll try and follow this tour as closely as possible, looks like being an excting time for Guthrie and the boys.

Good luck with the move Ed, I think your kids might enjoy the whole thing more than you will though. They do say that changing job, getting married and moving house are the most stressful things you can do in life but it'll be well worth it in the end I think. Try lots of slow, deep breathing exercises if things get too crazy at any point Smile
Matthieu Vargas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try and see Guthrie in NYC tonight at B.B. King's.
Speed Demon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Guthrie really get any chance to shred it up in Asia? Or even play any solos?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed Demon wrote:
Does Guthrie really get any chance to shred it up in Asia? Or even play any solos?

Yes, he does get to shred it up here and there and even gets a solo section featuring his own composition, "Bad Asteroid". He doesn't get to rip it up on his "forbidden music" stuff like Erotic Cakes and the Fellowship, but he gets in his licks.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
treeduck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed I meant to ask how did your move go? No mishaps I hope and how you settling into your new job??
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
Hey Ed I meant to ask how did your move go? No mishaps I hope and how you settling into your new job??

The move went pretty smooth considering the circumstances (a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old to watch over) and we're getting settled in at the new house and I'm settling in good at Suhr Guitars as well. Notice that all this personal hoopla has prevented me from spending as much time here (or other forums for that matter) as I'd like to. It's a lot of hard work but also a lot of fun. It's a real madhouse at Suhr - there's just so much stuff going on and the demand is way greater than what we could handle at the moment. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.

It's cool to work with world class players such as Scott Henderson, Guthrie and Greg Howe. Greg is now totally on board as well for both the guitars and the amps. He'll be making a public debut with his new Suhr Standard and the new OD-50 half-stack on August 17 doing a clinic at the Berklee College of Music. Guthrie is loving every one of his 3 Suhr guitars and Scott is getting all of his Suhr guitars outfitted with the Silent Single-Coil (SSC) System as well. We've also added Tomo Fujita to the artist roster and we'll be meeting with Carl Verheyen in the near future to see if we can build him a guitar. Add Reb Beach and renowned LA studio ace Michael Thompson to the mix and we've got a very impressive roster. We're building Mike Landau a Suhr Classic as well with the SSC System after he tried it out and loved it.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
treeduck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
treeduck wrote:

The move went pretty smooth considering the circumstances (a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old to watch over) and we're getting settled in at the new house and I'm settling in good at Suhr Guitars as well. Notice that all this personal hoopla has prevented me from spending as much time here (or other forums for that matter) as I'd like to. It's a lot of hard work but also a lot of fun. It's a real madhouse at Suhr - there's just so much stuff going on and the demand is way greater than what we could handle at the moment. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.

It's cool to work with world class players such as Scott Henderson, Guthrie and Greg Howe. Greg is now totally on board as well for both the guitars and the amps. He'll be making a public debut with his new Suhr Standard and the new OD-50 half-stack on August 17 doing a clinic at the Berklee College of Music. Guthrie is loving every one of his 3 Suhr guitars and Scott is getting all of his Suhr guitars outfitted with the Silent Single-Coil (SSC) System as well. We've also added Tomo Fujita to the artist roster and we'll be meeting with Carl Verheyen in the near future to see if we can build him a guitar. Add Reb Beach and renowned LA studio ace Michael Thompson to the mix and we've got a very impressive roster. We're building Mike Landau a Suhr Classic as well with the SSC System after he tried it out and loved it.

I'm glad you had no real problems with the move Ed and the Suhr situation seems to be developing pretty nicely. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: