Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Buenos dias..
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buenos dias..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Buenos dias.. Reply with quote

Hallo chums,

Having made 5 posts without spotting this little area, I thought it best if I introduced myself. 17 years old (18 in January, Friday the 13th no less), currently at college about to start my last year. Been playing guitar for approximately 3 years this month, and would like to make something out of it (who wouldn't?).

Mainly know Guthrie from his GT work, although I spotted a few vids over at ToneMerchants and have heard a couple of live solos that've been uploaded. What an amazing player!

Current top 3:
Shawn Lane
Allan Holdsworth
Frank Gambale

Really dig the whole fusion scene, but I'm a relative newcomer to the whole thing. (I only got my first Holdsworth disc about a month ago (Secrets), then I picked up Metal Fatigue, Road Games, and Truth In Shredding just a few days ago. Wowza!)

Looking for some suggestions as far as where to check Guthrie out. Otherwise, just happy to be part of this wonderful (if somewhat more relaxed) group of folks.

Tom
treeduck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cheesey, fancy meeting you here...

Wink
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
Hey Cheesey, fancy meeting you here...

Wink

Yes... Confused .

It is quite a coincidence.
dkaplowitz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're starting a good AH collection. I just got a copy of Bruford's One of a Kind with AH on it. I hadn't heard it in years. It's good stuff to listen to. Not bad that the album starts out in 19/16 time either. Wink

Anyway, Guthrie's doing a gig in So Cal. soon if you're in that neck of the woods. Other than that, I guess it's the DVDs you can get (pretty cheap too) from tonemerchants. The gig and the DVDs have threads somewhere on this board.
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkaplowitz wrote:
Anyway, Guthrie's doing a gig in So Cal. soon if you're in that neck of the woods.

Oops Embarassed ! Forgot to mention that I live in Ye Olde Angleland. Thanks for the heads-up though!
kabuki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelordofcheesecake wrote:
dkaplowitz wrote:
Anyway, Guthrie's doing a gig in So Cal. soon if you're in that neck of the woods.

Oops Embarassed ! Forgot to mention that I live in Ye Olde Angleland. Thanks for the heads-up though!

GET BACK IN YOUR ROOM!

Laughing
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabuki wrote:
thelordofcheesecake wrote:
dkaplowitz wrote:

GET BACK IN YOUR ROOM!

Laughing

Sowwy Embarassed Crying or Very sad ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: