Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Greetings from Denmark
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Denmark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Greetings from Denmark Reply with quote

Hey,
My name is Tore. I recently became aware of Guthrie Govan (and this board) through a mention on the petrucci forum. I checked out the Tone Merchant videos and was naturally floored.

I work at TC Electronic and have been circulating the videos to the guitarists here at TC. Comments have ranged from "fuck this, I'm quitting the guitar" or "Fuck this, I quit my job... gotta go home and pratice".

I can't wait to hear the solo album.

Cheers,
Tore
jakeroo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo tore!
did you see the boomerang one?
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take people to watch him in the Fellowship about a mile from my house Smile two quotes that stick in my mind:

I'm going home, and turning my guitar into matchwood.

and

urgh, I need another drink

I have the power!
jakeroo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna jam with guthrie! whens he next at the cornford club? (i've played there before! Cool )
Tore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw the boomerang one, no. Enlighten me please... I need to know anything about Guthrie now.

As for seeing him live. Bastards! We get nothing here in Denmark (apart from 3 months ago Scott Henderson played in a town 1 hours drive away, which most of the TC guitar players went to see).

I don't know what it is but for me, Guthrie is the kind of guitarist who's playing I actually find inspiring instead of discouraging. I'll never be able to pull of what he does, but he makes me want to become a better guitarist.
jakeroo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have fine english sir!
frankus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tore wrote:
I don't know what it is but for me, Guthrie is the kind of guitarist who's playing I actually find inspiring instead of discouraging. I'll never be able to pull of what he does, but he makes me want to become a better guitarist.

Yeah, that is pretty much it, I get to see it quite a few times, people get down for a very short while, I think it's the music Guthrie makes that it is entertaining, the guitar wizardry is something to behold, certainly but (for me) it's secondary to the music.

I dunno if it's some kinda denial mojo that says "you can't play guitar like that; but you can make music like that", I hope not, it feels like some kind of progress. If you get the Bassment Album's check out the rest of the band Wink

I have the power!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: