Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie Getting New Suhr Classic with Silent Coil System
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie Getting New Suhr Classic with Silent Coil System
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabuki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
kabuki wrote:

That looks familiar Shocked

I need a pearloid or vintage pearloid pickguard for this baby. What should I do?

Call me at Suhr and we'll get a pearloid out to ya!

I will call you tomorrow. Mine is Ocean Turquosie Metallic and I love it Very Happy
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie's is Ocean Turquoise as well, but it gets a real greenish hue in the sunlight and yours seems to be getting a really blueish hue indoors. Okay, we'll talk soon.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked out the band.. Guthrie was playing the new ermmm.. Diana Moran Guitar Laughing

He said he was having trouble trying to not play Robin Trower stuff. I think finally it got too much for him. The guitar sounds awesome, it was odd hearing single coils in a jazz context. But good. Guthrie's Country 5 minutes sounded better than ever.

The place was packed. I might go next week to see Dave Kill-monsters and Guthrie playing while Zak is off.

Currently nursing a hangover.. hence the James Ellroy like diction Wink

I have the power!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
Checked out the band.. Guthrie was playing the new ermmm.. Diana Moran Guitar Laughing

He said he was having trouble trying to not play Robin Trower stuff. I think finally it got too much for him. The guitar sounds awesome, it was odd hearing single coils in a jazz context. But good. Guthrie's Country 5 minutes sounded better than ever.

The place was packed. I might go next week to see Dave Kill-monsters and Guthrie playing while Zak is off.

Currently nursing a hangover.. hence the James Ellroy like diction Wink

Hey, who's Diana Moran? Nice outfit! Wink

Cool that Guthrie's already done a Fellowship gig with his new Suhr Classic. I'm sure it sounded awesome. It's still a honeymoon period with that guitar and Guthrie now, but when he gets really comfortable with it and he finds himself (and not emulating his heroes with the classic single-coil sound), he's going to make some really great music with it.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Hey, who's Diana Moran? Nice outfit! Wink

Diana Moran was on Breakfast TV when it first arrived on our shores. She was the fitness instructor who was known as The Green Goddess. I found this amusing as this is also known as a Green Goddess:

As you can see, it's lines aren't that graceful but lads in the army swear by it for putting out fires .. and there the similarity ends Wink

alexkhan wrote:
Cool that Guthrie's already done a Fellowship gig with his new Suhr Classic. I'm sure it sounded awesome. It's still a honeymoon period with that guitar and Guthrie now, but when he gets really comfortable with it and he finds himself (and not emulating his heroes with the classic single-coil sound), he's going to make some really great music with it.

Oh he was making excellent music, I added the names so you get some kinda tonal reference.

I have the power!
Ziegfriedman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful axe! I'd love to hear GG playing a pure Strat. Must be awesome to hear GG wail on that one.

That photo of Diana Moran reminds me of a fun site:

http://ctoe.bolt.com/

Camel toes! Laughing Wink
scimitar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas when the system will be available to the masses and how much it will cost?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scimitar wrote:
Any ideas when the system will be available to the masses and how much it will cost?

The SSC is only available on Suhr Classic guitars. It's been available for awhile now and we've been installing the system as a retrofit on existing Suhr Classic guitars as well. The cost is $490.

We are working on the SSC which will be on a trem backplate and that should have a street price of around $200 or a little less, but it won't be quite as effective as having the system installed in the guitar right around the perimeter of the pickups.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: