Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Bumblefoot/Ron Thal
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumblefoot/Ron Thal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Bumblefoot/Ron Thal Reply with quote

Here is another truly fresh and innovative voice in modern electric guitar: Mr. Ron Thal, better known as Bumblefoot. Bf is a monster guitar player in every sense of the word, but he throws in twists and turns like a designer of a mad rollercoaster ride with a peculiar and offbeat sense of humor to boot! Very Happy

I know Guthrie is a fan of Bf. Guthrie was at the Vigier/Bf clinic here back in January and joined Bf on stage briefly for an impromptu jam. Later Guthrie asked me if I had any footage from that clinic because he noticed there were some video cameras around. Many people are still waiting to see that as well.

I just noticed that Bf is getting a fresh Bf Discussion Forum started as well so I signed up and so should you! Noticed Mr. Bf just signed up for this board and I'm sure Guthrie will sign up for Bf's. I noticed they have great admiration for each other. It's good to see two of the greatest new contemporary guitar voices getting together and admiring each other's work. Here is the link to the Bf Forum:

http://bumbleforum.meshuggah.org
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
trelloskilos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be said that my first impression of BF was from "Mafalda" - a track that was specially written for GT magazine in an issue a few years back (Introduced by Guthrie, no less) - It was a bit of an acquired taste, featuring very 'eclectic' playing from Mr. Thal on his fretless Vigier, but what can I say? It is a grower.

Further listening to one or two of his albums had me completely hooked, and amazed by his versatility and humour - a bit like a modern day Frank Zappa. He can take on any genre, and mix and match a few as well. Spainish guitar work on "Ick", Bluegrass on "Limberneck", Neo-classical metal on "Guitars SUCK", funk, lounge jazz, rock and pop on "Hands" and "Uncool".....

.....the man is a genius!!!
shredrulez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just over at the bf forum. man, it's a riot over there! Twisted Evil Laughing quite a contrast from this place.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noticed that guthrie signed up for the bf board. apparently, the admiration for each other is quite mutual. need to hear som bf stuff now.
Alun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumblefoots playing scares the hell out of me. If you haven't heard him yet,you really should. And yes, his forum is a very surreal place sometimes Very Happy

Alun
Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one odd dood....in a beautiful sort of way Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: