Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Mayones Guitars
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mayones Guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n_mountain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Mayones Guitars Reply with quote

Hi,

Has anybody made any experiences with Mayones Guitars??
They're from Poland and seem to make nice guitars, at least they look very nice. Smile
I couldn't find any reviews on the net except for harmony central. But the reviews there are of models they don't build anymore.

just curious.

Stephan
CBR1000F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Gildenlow (from the Swedish band Pain of Salvation) about his upcoming Mayones Signatures:
2006-03-01
Mayones and Daniel Gildenlow have come up with a new guitar series based on the Regius model, but with specs completely in accordance to Daniel's wants and needs.

"I have been offered endorsement from several guitar makers since I started playing Parker back in 1997, but none has caught my undivided attention until now. I have always been very picky about my choices, and now I have finally found the guitars I've been looking for. After having sorted all the details out, I can say that this guitar will kick your guitar's ass regardless of what you play. And the fact that it is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever played doesn't hurt either."

The series of guitars will be called Regius Elements (after The Perfect Element) and will come in five different models or "elements", each one limited to ten guitars (of which five will be 7-stringed and the other five 6-stringed). Every model in the series will have an official "release date" when it is going to be available to the public. Thus, "Fire" will be the first model to be introduced in June this year, and will be limited to ten guitars. It will be followed by "Water", "Earth" and "Air" every three months. "Perfect" is scheduled for summer 2007, and is still cloaked in mystery.

Every guitar will be hand built and follow the exact specifications of the model, so you'll have the exact same guitar as Daniel. "I hate it when guitar makers introduce a signature series, but you find out that the artists themselves have had their guitars adjusted in certain ways, modified or more precisely built - if you buy Regius Elements you get the real deal."

More information and specifications will be revealed later on, but a few interesting details can be noted already:

The guitars have pre-installed D-tuners (or A-tuners on the 7-strings), Pietzo bridges, and have special large fretboard elemental symbol inlays designed by Daniel. They will come with a special set of strings (and one extra pack included) made just for this guitar series by Firewire Strings in Canada - gauges 010-052 (065 for the 7-string) with a wound 018 third string. Attention has been focused on every single little detail on the guitar, and each guitar will be shipped in a hard case with a certificate signed by Daniel. Every guitar will be given a unique individual name by Daniel, and will have a special POS-related serial number, also mentioned on the certificate.

Regardless of which element you will choose, rest assured that you will get a killer guitar that will last a lifetime. So start saving your money and stay tuned, because this June, Mayones, Firewire Strings and Daniel Gildenlow will take the show on the road!

The first four elements ("Fire", "Water", "Earth" and "Air") will be on display for the first time on MusikMesse 2006 International Music Trade Fair in Frankfurt March 29 - April 4, 2006. The fifth element ("Perfect") will be introduced on the summer of 2007.
n_mountain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,

I've seen the info on their webpage. His brother is also an endorser for Bass.
I'll be at the MusikMesse, so I'll have a chance to see and try them myself.
(At least upside down as I'm a lefty Sad)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: