Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - How do you get a job Demoing Gear?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you get a job Demoing Gear?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRETPICK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: How do you get a job Demoing Gear? Reply with quote

I saw this guy showing me how to use a GT8 once on a video & thought great bit of kit but poor sales pitch.

Anyone got any advice on how you go about doing this?
Write off to people?
A Demo of your own?

Just thought it would be cool to talk about?
I am thinking about going back to music school to talk (not what ya know,it's who ya know) & see were they might point me.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Are there windows out there?
jordan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the UK guitar magazines, you'll often see adverts (normally quarter page ones) from leading brands advertising vacancies.

A month or two ago Guitarist had an advert from Marshall advertising for a product demonstrator....what a job! Basically the prerequisites for the job entailed a good knowledge of all things amplification, and a guitar background etc...

So generally just keep an eye out, also check the websites of the manufacturers - they often advertise vacancies on there.....and good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Jordan.

ps. It's uncanny - only this morning I was wondering how Guthrie got the job as a Cornford demonstrator. Who approached who in that deal? I bet both ends are happy, GG gets paid to play guitar through great rigs, and Cornford get one of the hottest players out there demoing the gear Smile
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan wrote:

Cheers,
Jordan.

ps. It's uncanny - only this morning I was wondering how Guthrie got the job as a Cornford demonstrator. Who approached who in that deal? I bet both ends are happy, GG gets paid to play guitar through great rigs, and Cornford get one of the hottest players out there demoing the gear Smile

Hi Jordan,

Just to clarify, Guthrie never applied for the job as a Cornford demoer and we would never call him a demo person Surprised) he is just a wonderful player that loves our amps and uses them because nothing does the job as well as a Cornford does and he wants to use them!, and he does have the choice of pretty much anything out there, that's been the case for the last 7 years. People don't get paid to play gear anymore (apart from some big companies that need to pay players to use gear, no names Surprised)

I wouldn't want anyone to use our amps because they were paid to do so, we only have players onboard because they love the amps and the thing that we add to their playing.
jordan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:

People don't get paid to play gear anymore (apart from some big companies that need to pay players to use gear, no names Surprised)

Cripes - a reply from Mr C. himself....
For some reason that comment surprises me a little, however if that's the case then I'm genuinely impressed with all parties involved. It says alot about a) the quality of your amps and b) the good intentions of the players.

Sorry Fretpick, didn't mean to take your thread off-topic(!) - maybe Mr C. has an opening Wink

Thanks for the reply Paul, keep up the great work with the amps.
Jordan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: