Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Is Guthrie's new CD going to be available in stores?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Guthrie's new CD going to be available in stores?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredizalive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Is Guthrie's new CD going to be available in stores? Reply with quote

Just wondering, but is Guthrie's LONG anticipated disc going to be in regular music stores (well some at least), or is he doing it via the Tone Merchants site?

Either way, I would LOVE to help out spreading the gospel on this guy up here in the Boston, Massachusetts area. If anyone else is from around here, give a shout out.

It's not easy in this business, so the more anyone of us can help Guthrie in his quest for world domination, let's do it.

Ed, any new updates to when (approx.) this disc is going to surface? Did Jan Cyrka produce. I know you mentioned that some of it was done over at Richie Kotzen's studio (or am I getting my facts confused).
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Guthrie's new CD going to be available in stores? Reply with quote

shredizalive wrote:

It's not easy in this business, so the more anyone of us can help Guthrie in his quest for world domination, let's do it.

Uhhh... that would be the last thing on Guthrie's agenda. Wink

As far as the album, I really don't know any more about it than you guys do. It's out of Guthrie's hands. Seems like it's something for Paul Cornford of his fledgling Cornford Records label and producer Jan Cyrka to work out. The guitar parts were re-recorded at Richie Kotzen's studio (which has since been sold) back in July of last year. That's really all I know.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
shredizalive

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have been a bit over reaching with the 'world domination' theory.

I'd personally like to see him be on the level of some of the so called 'guitar heroes' our lovely 'guitar' magazines promote. I really would like to see him be a household name and if I can help...I will try. At least in my little neck of the woods. Twisted Evil

As for the CD, it sounds pretty grim. I've been MIA on this discussion board for a couple of months, and last I heard things were moving along. Now it seems his disc is in limbo. I hope there is some sort of resolution to this situation. It kills me when things like this happen. Well, I will keep my fingers crossed, and my DVD player warm with the spin of the lovely Tone Merchants Live Show/Clinic with GG.

Ed, you are doing a GREAT job with these discussion forums. Keep it up.
frankus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we storm the building where the master tapes are being held and broadcast the entire album to the world via the uplink in the centre of the complex.. I reckon Dweezil Zappa'd want to reprise his role of Stevie and Mick Fleetwood could say "Dr Spock you have the con".

Now can anyone guess which film I'm talking about? I'll be back later to check if anyone guessed Wink

I have the power!
Onion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

running man. Wink
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonzy wrote:

Correctamundo, Onioningham!!

I have the power!
Big Bad Bill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So still no CD release from Guthrie? Perhaps he should go down the 'Arctic Monkeys route' and sell it as a download fron this website-cuts out the middlemen and all profits go to the artist!

The problem now is that the CD is so hyped up in our minds-because of the delays- there's a risk people will be disappointed even if it's an excellent body of work, which I'm sure it will be (he says, adding to the hype!)
hecanrock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Guthrie should definitely sell the album for download.

There are loads of places that help you to sell your music throught the iTunes music store. Once the music gets out it will proliferate through cyberspace very quickly. Then the CD release will do even better.

I really can't wait for the realease. I've been waiting about 8 years, since I was taught by guthrie to hear a cd of his music.

I'd really like to design his album cover and artwork too. I'm a graphic designer here in London at a big agency (so I really know my stuff) and think a good design could really help his chances at selling more copies. If anyone reading this has anything to do with the design please contact me!

One more thing. I have a t-shirt in a design competition site. It would be really great if you could all vote positively for it (5 and 'I'd buy it'). That way it might get printed.

It's the kind of pun that Guthrie might like. Making a play on words, that us designers are anally retentive!

http://www.threadless.com/submission/71643/Graphic_designers_do_it_anally.

it requires you to sign up quickly but it's worth it to vote for me!!!

sorry to ask this of you guys but it would be greatly appreciated!

thx

PS I will post my recording of Wonderful Slipery Thing when I've finished mixing it. Man that killer tapping lick is killing me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: