Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - ebow?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ebow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cioran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: ebow? Reply with quote

Sorry, sorry, newbie here, but I did go over the threads on Guthrie's gear, and couldn't find a reference to the one he uses on the NAMM DVD. It certainly didn't look like the original piece of crap that's been around for ages - more like a sci-fi thing, like a low-level light sabre Smile

Could someone fill me in on this? I'm getting a new guitar soon and wondering whether I should spring for a Sustainer; problem is, I've heard it said, that apart from being damn expensive and troublesome to install, they eat up a 9V battery in about 15 minutes...I may be misinformed, but if there is a viable solution out there in the form of an ebow that actually works properly, I needn't pay a great deal for an effect I'll only use sparingly. Anyone?
All the best.
drummondrs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an ebow there is a massive learning curve, at first you suck and it can put you off quite a lot. It takes ages to get good and eventually I just gave up because I couldn't get the hang of it. I think its a cool thing when it works though. I reckon a sustainer pickup is a better idea.
cioran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I was hoping the one Guthrie was using was a new and improved version....I looked at and listened to the old one (the little red thingy), and even on the site the clips they were trying to market the thing with sounded awful. I'm putting together a deal on a very expensive Ibanez as it is - maybe I'll just tweak killer sustain out of my gear, although of course it won't be the same. Ah, well.
All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: