Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - OSCAR from Spain. I have known Guthrie for 3 years
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSCAR from Spain. I have known Guthrie for 3 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarmartin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: OSCAR from Spain. I have known Guthrie for 3 years Reply with quote

Hi Everyone in the forum,

I have had some problems trying to get into this forum thanks to David Henderson I have been able to log in. Thanks again Dave

Well let me introduce myself I have lived in Chelmsford for many years and I was introduced to the Bassment after I started my nursing Diploma in the year 2000. My life changed for for ever when I listened to Guthrie¨s playing. I thought I was in a dream but I wasn´t. I was in the Bassment. I went every Thursday night and I always sat at the front row on the little wobbly round tables with one beer in one hand waiting for the Fellowship to appear on the stage. I always or most of the time got the front table because I was there @ 8:00 pm on the dot. I am not sure what made me change the decition to go and live in Spain. I really miss those Thusrsday nights with the Fellowship and all the members are incredible. What else can I say. I have had great conversations with most of them mostly about gear, sound and so forth. As a novice musician I admire Guthrie´s musical abilities because he is an example to so many of us. I was a bit disappointed when he came on tour to Salamanca my Country City with the Asia group and could not stay. I understand they have protocols to follow but it would have been great to invite Guthrie for a beer, show him the beutifull city we have and offer my my house to stay there the night. I hope Guthrie that if you ever read this lines and you ever go to my beautiful City full of Pubs you are very welcome to stay in my House. Just send me a message to respectinthehouse[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Well I am now glad I can participate on this forum. I am looking foward to give my feedback.

By the way I have been playing the guitar for a about 5 years on and off check my first ever song which I finished the other day. It is called Reflections. I hope you like it. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. The link to this page is bellow. Just type Meliton on the search engine of soundclick.
frankus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Oscar

I think we met one night outside the Bassment.

I've made the email address a bit less passable for spam engines. Email links on forums is a bad idea Wink

hope you don't mind the intrusion Wink

I have the power!
Javi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oscar,
Frankus is right. You shouldn't insert your e-mail address in forums. You could be exposed to spasms and other nasty undesirable internet threats. Confused

Your brother. Wink
oscarmartin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: reply for Frankus Reply with quote

Hi Frankus,

Thanks a lot to do that I don´t mind. Yes I thought the same myself after I included the E-mail but it was too late.

I am sure I know you. I must know you, do you remember what were we talking about? the thing is your name is very familiar to me, and I must have talked to you or seen you a million times there. I know a lot of people that go to the Bassment every Thursday. I would love to go there again.

if you have the chance Francus you could say that I have not forgotten them. I miss my bassment on Thursdays so much. However if I go I want to make sure that Guthrie is there, otherways my journey would have been wasted hehe. Is there a formula to know when Guthrie is going to turn in the Bassment? I always had the experience that there is not formula because he is such a busy guy, however, When I go for a visit you Frankus could let me know. I know there is a section on this forum where a guy ask about doing a timetable or something because he lives so far away that he does not want to waste his time.

Anyway nice to write to someone Who I met on the Bassment.

Regards to Everyone

OscarMartin
oscarmartin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: My Older Brother Reply with quote

What a nice surpprise my own brother.

well thanx brother for the advice on E-mails I should learn from my mistakes, just as well Frankus was there to do something about it.

respect we keep in touch.

OscarMartin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: