Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Getting the Word Out...
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting the Word Out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Getting the Word Out... Reply with quote

Whew, been busy sending out email invitations to all the people who had ordered the clinic DVD from me over the past 6~7 months or so. Good thing I saved all of those emails! Please spread the word where you can. It's really through word-of-mouth of the dedicated and enthusiastic fans that will help Guthrie build a fan base in the future.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Good Start! Reply with quote

This forum has officially been up, what, 4 or 5 hours now? Very promising start! This is going to be one COOL forum! Just wait till Guthrie gets in here! Twisted Evil
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
shredguitar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Start! Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
This forum has officially been up, what, 4 or 5 hours now? Very promising start! This is going to be one COOL forum! Just wait till Guthrie gets in here! Twisted Evil

Yes, and there are already 11 members. Very promising start indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shredrulez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 now and counting. Twisted Evil Smile great job, ed. keep them coming! Very Happy
Doctor Jazz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Jazz signing in from Essex in the UK ... I live just a few miles from The Bassment Club where you can catch Guthrie and the band every Thursday evening.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Jazz wrote:
Doctor Jazz signing in from Essex in the UK ... I live just a few miles from The Bassment Club where you can catch Guthrie and the band every Thursday evening.

Doctor, please get more of your fellow Brits over here! I've sent out hundreds of copies of the clinic DVD to all corners of the world, but I'd say about 40% went out to UK, including you! Shocked
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
trelloskilos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Jazz wrote:

Bleedin 'ell! There's me in Basildon, and I'm missing out.

I know where I'll be this Thursday! Wink
shredrulez

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signing on from the scorching deserts of az. i'm 25 and have been a shred fan when i first heard vai's passion & warfare ten years ago. quickly grew out of vai though and got into buckethead, shawn lane, mattias eklundh amongst others. then i got into some older stuff like dimeola and yngwie, but their stuff got kind of boring fast. now i'm a guthrie junkie. Laughing can't believe my favorite player doesn't even have an album out yet! Shocked
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trelloskilos wrote:
Doctor Jazz wrote:

Bleedin 'ell! There's me in Basildon, and I'm missing out.

I know where I'll be this Thursday! Wink

Guthrie plays on a Thursday in Chelmsford and Wednesdays at the first of the month at the same venue at the blues jam.. occasionally.. and at the Hot house on a monday also in chelmsford. He's got some really talented players to back him up, including his brother on bass.

I live in Chelmsford, have heard about Guthrie for years whilst I was at college with people in his early bands like "Hollow horse" and the characters of the local music scene.. and school-mates of Guthries, who got treated to performances in assembly. Finally got off my butt to check it out Shocked

There are two CDs of the performances at the bassment. I wish they'd sell them online, it'd be so much easier to get good music circulating.. but part of me thinks all the people in the band like the laid-back attitude and small venues, albeit standing room only... so publicisizing the venue might spoil it... I dunno..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: