Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Hi to all Guthrie fans!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi to all Guthrie fans!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Warren

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Hi to all Guthrie fans! Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks to Ed for the invite to join the forum. I need more Guthrie in my life, so I'll try to check in now and then. Very Happy

I saw Guthrie play when Bumblefoot invited him up during his clinic at Tone Merchants this past Jan. during NAMM. I was an instant Guthrie convert. I got the Guthrie clinic DVD and haved loved it. So many good ideas there. I'm looking forward to his solo cd and to helping get the Guthrie word out the best I can. Very Happy

Paul
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hi to all Guthrie fans! Reply with quote

Paul Warren wrote:
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks to Ed for the invite to join the forum. I need more Guthrie in my life, so I'll try to check in now and then. Very Happy

I saw Guthrie play when Bumblefoot invited him up during his clinic at Tone Merchants this past Jan. during NAMM. I was an instant Guthrie convert. I got the Guthrie clinic DVD and haved loved it. So many good ideas there. I'm looking forward to his solo cd and to helping get the Guthrie word out the best I can. Very Happy

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum! You know, I was so busy running around the shop during that Bumblefoot clinic/show that I essentially missed that little jam. Some people were telling me, "Hey, Guthrie is up there now with Ron Thal!" I peered over the crowd from the lounge and could see a little of Guthrie getting some cool sounds but I couldn't make out much. I'm sure they'll jam again at the next NAMM time in January.

So you were there, huh? Sorry if I don't remember. That evening was a total blur...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Paul Warren

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I was definitely there. Very Happy Bumblefoot was obsessed with making fun of me and my friend so the event is burned in our brains. I believe I was even called a metrosexual - something nobody has ever labeled me as in public. Very Happy It may be the alltime best clinic I've ever attended. Although, Ron and I will be releasing a DVD (hopefully around Nov.) of his clinic at my place this year. You'll have to check that out because it was almost as silly. Very Happy

By the way, I saw the pics of your new clinic/performance room. Awesome! It looks fantastic.

Paul
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Warren wrote:
Oh I was definitely there. Very Happy Bumblefoot was obsessed with making fun of me and my friend so the event is burned in our brains. I believe I was even called a metrosexual - something nobody has ever labeled me as in public. Very Happy It may be the alltime best clinic I've ever attended. Although, Ron and I will be releasing a DVD (hopefully around Nov.) of his clinic at my place this year. You'll have to check that out because it was almost as silly. Very Happy

By the way, I saw the pics of your new clinic/performance room. Awesome! It looks fantastic.

Paul

Cool... Yeah, Ron is quite a character.

Well, the Bumblefoot and Guthrie clinics inspired me to build that room and put the wasted warehouse space to good use!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, your room looks amazing. Looks like I need to book some LA flights and come see it!! Shocked
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Ed, your room looks amazing. Looks like I need to book some LA flights and come see it!! Shocked

You need to come out at around NAMM time in Jan 05 as this is what I'm planning:

Jan. 19, Wed: VHT Clinic and VHT Endorsing Artist Show
Jan. 20, Thu: THD Clinic featuring Ed DeGenaro and his trio followed by Suhr/CAE clinic/show featuring the Scott Henderson Trio
Jan. 21: Fri: Vigier/Diezel/Salwender clinic/show featuring Ron Thal, Craig Erikson, Nick Sterling and other artists
Jan. 22, Sat: Cornford clinic/show featuring JMR, Richie Kotzen Trio, and Guthrie Govan Trio
Jan. 23, Sun: open at the moment with possibility of Neil Zaza or a full-on Guthrie show with other guests. A Tyler show featuring Landau is a good possibility

Then we'll schedule more Guthrie shows with these other possible guests on multi-headed bills: Doug Aldrich (if he can make time away from his busy Whitesnake schedule), OHM featuring Chris Poland, Frank Gambale, Allan Holdsworth, Mike Landau, etc. Lotsa logistics kind of stuff to figure out still, but I'll get it worked out.

Yes, I'm planning at least 3 full-length Guthrie shows right after NAMM. The plan is to bring over Guthrie's band mates seen in the Fellowship DVD: Peter Riley on drums, Guthrie's brother Seth on bass, and Zak Barrett on sax. My vision is for two full sets: one for the rock/shred oriented stuff featuring his solo album material for about an hour, then take a 15-minute break or so and then do another set of the Fellowship material with Zak on the sax. You won't want to miss that. Guthrie comes out to the States only a few times per year. For now, at least...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
steve snider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
kirk95 wrote:

You need to come out at around NAMM time in Jan 05 as this is what I'm planning:

Jan. 20, Thu: THD Clinic featuring Ed DeGenaro and his trio followed by Suhr/CAE clinic/show featuring the Scott Henderson Trio
Jan. 21: Fri: Vigier/Diezel/Salwender clinic/show featuring Ron Thal, Craig Erikson, Nick Sterling and other artists
Jan. 22, Sat: Cornford clinic/show featuring JMR, Richie Kotzen Trio, and Guthrie Govan Trio
Jan. 23, Sun: open at the moment with possibility of Neil Zaza or a full-on Guthrie show with other guests. A Tyler show featuring Landau is a good possibility

Then we'll schedule more Guthrie shows with these other possible guests on multi-headed bills: Doug Aldrich (if he can make time away from his busy Whitesnake schedule), OHM featuring Chris Poland, Frank Gambale, Allan Holdsworth, Mike Landau, etc. Lotsa logistics kind of stuff to figure out still, but I'll get it worked out.

Yes, I'm planning at least 3 full-length Guthrie shows right after NAMM. The plan is to bring over Guthrie's band mates seen in the Fellowship DVD: Peter Riley on drums, Guthrie's brother Seth on bass, and Zak Barrett on sax. My vision is for two full sets: one for the rock/shred oriented stuff featuring his solo album material for about an hour, then take a 15-minute break or so and then do another set of the Fellowship material with Zak on the sax. You won't want to miss that. Guthrie comes out to the States only a few times per year. For now, at least...

Looks like another Snider family vacation is in order! Razz
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve snider wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
kirk95 wrote:

Looks like another Snider family vacation is in order! Razz

Yes, Steve. This will become the first of the annual "pilgrimage" to the Mecca of Tone and monster guitar playing in January in sunny and warm Southern Cal. But only the first of many... Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Duncan M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:

Shocked

Shocked

Shocked
drezdin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everybody!
i think i must escape texas and attend some of these shows
Duncan M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Drezdin, from the Bumblefoot boards!!

You'll know me better as the very occasional poster Mypickingislame!

Howdy!
Rush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Paul! I just referenced you in a different thread here and didn't realize you were already posting! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: