Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - EROTIC CAKES AVALIBLE NOW, FRIDAY 11th AUGUST 2006
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EROTIC CAKES AVALIBLE NOW, FRIDAY 11th AUGUST 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milin_im wrote:
Mr C. wrote:
Hello guys,

80 copies??? sold Confused

2200 members on Guthries forum and?

800 hits a day on the Cornford Records site? etc etc

I am thinking that people want to talk about great music but maybe not buy it? and keep the players paying the rent and getting ready for the next album? not to sure?

Confussed of Cornford records,

Take care

Paul

Some people, including me, are waiting for you to be able to take CC orders Wink.

You can do the paypal credit card thing which is the secure way or phone the office 01227 280000 and do the credit card thing in the most unscure way possible?? over the phone, your choice,
treeduck

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Hello guys,

I am thinking that people want to talk about great music but maybe not buy it? and keep the players paying the rent and getting ready for the next album? not to sure?

Take care

Paul

Only 80?? That's a bit disappointing...

Even my lowest estimates were a lot higher than that...

Surprised
Onion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

come on people, sure paypal is junk but if ever there was a reason to suffer using it, this is it!

maybe i should have bought 2. Laughing how ever, its still early days.
scarified

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C,

Have you considered selling it on Amazon and eBay ?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems most people are waiting for "normal" distribution (Amazon, CD Now, CD Universe, Tower, Virgin, etc.), especially the people here in the States. And I don't think most people in the US want to spend more than $15 plus S&H for a CD. I've already seen several comments by some saying they'll wait for "general release". And a lot of new releases on Amazon have a special sale for a limited time, so that's another factor to consider.

And yes, a lot more people than we think don't have Paypal or have used it in the past but don't bother with it anymore - like me, for instance. I hadn't used it in years and I was afraid I had lost or forgotten the password to access it. I had just enough left to order a copy myself. Well, thousands of visits to the Cornford Records site means that plenty of people are aware of it. Perhaps more clips would be more helpful as well.

I just don't think most people who have been waiting for this album have been exposed to this news yet. Even though there are over 2000 members here, only a small fraction of that are regular visitors. I know that TM moved at least a thousand copies each of the TM clinic DVD and the 2005 NAMM DVD and I remember virtually all of those buyers saying they can't wait for the album. Well, it seems I'll have to dig up those emails and let them know the album is available. I'll get busy with that. I'll also ask Dave here to send out a mass mailing to all the registered members of the forum.

If you guys could do your part to subtly bump up the pimping threads every now and then, that would be helpful, but I do think that the Paypal issue and the cost of it to the consumers in the US are what's holding things back at the moment when the site is getting 800 hits per day. I also think some people are waiting for the reviews and the initial reactions of the early adopters like us. It's still very early. Things will start to roll pretty soon.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kanak1911

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$25 U.S. is nothing. You can always tell the dedicated Cool People, especially those in the "upper 48 states" who are hesitant about shipping costs should try living in Hawaii and pay the INFLATED costs to get ANYTHING shipped here, then come to me and complain about shipping Wink

How about sales through guitar9. It seem like they really support the artists and the industry and are excited about what they sell.
treeduck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pimped it out on Brett Garsed's site, haven't been on there for a while and there seemed no sign of them knowing about it...
NESFantasy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've only sold 80 copies so far? I guess that means I got in much sooner than I thought...I figured it was at least a few hundred.

I really hope this goes well for Guthrie. One reason I ordered so much sooner than I expected was because I figured that since this had been talked about for so long that I better get it or else with my luck it wouldn't be available when I did try to get it.

I agree that a lot of people are probably turned off by the price. I was going to purchase a few CDs but had to cut one out, and wait on another one to not spend too much at once. But I figured it was well worth it.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Hello guys,

Take care

Paul

I've been posting the link on various forums, urging people to buy the CD and support Guthrie. Many are complaining about the price, but I'm telling them that $25 is still lower than the cost of CD's here in Norway.

It's probably just a little slow in the beginning, sales will pick up once you get an alternative to PayPal, I'm sure.
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Hello guys,

Confussed of Cornford records

Confused I guess it's a marketting ploy: guilt tripping people into buying an album Laughing I'm not saying it's a bad marketting ploy...

I'm not too sure I buy into your approach; I'll buy the album regardless. If I'd known it was coming out 3 days prior to my birthday my wife could have ordered it, now I'll have to make do with a card and a promise to spend some of my money on me.. which'll get forgotten by October.

I think 4 of those 800 hits were me personally recommending Cornford amps to rich IT contractor people with understanding wives Sad (let's not start) ... so you should be grateful of word of mouth, I mentioned Guthrie too.

34: I hate it already. Someone buy me a calendar so I can gain solace from ticking off the days.

I have the power!
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80? Surprised That's lower than I expected considering how much interest there is in Guthrie right now, but it's still early days. The sad truth is, not many people are familiar with Guthrie Govan yet. They will be, but it's going to take some time. The MySpace page has helped, but I feel the clips are WAY too short. The max file size for an mp3 on MySpace is 6MB and I don't think it'd do any harm to post up a couple of full tracks, or at least some longer samples. Is it posible you could upload better clips, Paul? To get a good idea of what GG is capable of, listeners need something slightly more substantial, some might not "get it" by listening to a couple of 30 second clips.

I've been trying to help pimp it on several forums and I'll keep spreading the word. There is interest, and hey, if Joe Satriani and Steve Vai can sell so many albums, Guthrie can too. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Steve or Joe, they are masters of their art and I have huge respect for them, but Guthrie's album is far more interesting than anything those guys have done in years -- and I'll say that without even HEARING IT yet.

Keep pimping it, and steadily keep on building the fanbase. Don't forget -- Vai's Flex-Able was a very low budget release, I can't imagine how many it's sold now, but back then? Not too many people had heard of Steve when I bought that album, only Zappa fans. It took a while before Steve broke through to a much wider audience, and if I remember correctly it was during his days with DLR when he really began to get noticed. Again, it took time, but look at him now. I'm not likening Guthrie to Vai or Satriani (to me he's light years ahead!), but there is both a need for Guthrie now, and there is an audience waiting for him. We just have to be patient.

About PayPal; I don't see the problem with it, in fact I like PayPal, it's extremely convenient for both eBay and other Internet purchases like this CD. Obviously, the more payment methods available, the more sales there will be, but people shouldn't be too concerned with PayPal, this CD alone is more than worth setting up an account for.

I really hope GG gets the credit and the sales he deserves, the guy is a true original and people like him don't come around too often. The man deserves to be sat on a golden throne with hot chicks kissing his feet, I tell ya. Cool

scimitar wrote:
I've pimped it on jemsite, and there have been orders...

Are you Al M on Jemsite? Hi to a fellow Jemsiter if so. And of course, THANKS for the heads up on the album release, I wasn't expecting it yet.

Dee.
wire_frame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my copy!
carnflab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wire_frame wrote:
I ordered my copy!
Tri_tone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the cd a couple of hours after the release on friday Cool
I think 19 euros in total, including shipping is pretty reasonable here in Europe. I my opinion this is the most groundbreaking album since Passion and Warfare, as far as playing, songs and production goes.
I hope the album will get mainstream attention, Guthrie truly deserves this!!
Once the album will be available through the regular outlets it will take off, there's nothing out there that even comes close Wink

I think the succes of this album will be solely dependant on it's availability. If it's available through: cdbaby.com, guitar9.com, abstractlogix.com, amazon.com, audiophileimports.com and the smaller online stores (+ soundclips) it will reach it's target audience. I hope it does really well, I want alot more Guthrie solo albums Very Happy
sumis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sell from your site (and guthries). possibly abstract logix. you'll make more money. but maybe not that fast.

get someone to take care of asian distribution though!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: