Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - EROTIC CAKES AVALIBLE NOW, FRIDAY 11th AUGUST 2006
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EROTIC CAKES AVALIBLE NOW, FRIDAY 11th AUGUST 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
treeduck wrote:

Is that 150 on top of the 80? So that's 230 now?

If Japan alone is at around 150, I'm sure the other 80 figure is much higher now. Or it could be that the initial 80 orders taken over the weekend included a lot of orders from Japan. It'll go good. I've been sending emails to a long list of fans who've bought the DVD's over the past few years notifying them of the album release and I got quite a few responses back from people thanking me for the info and that they didn't know about it. I'm sure there are still quite a few who have been waiting for this album who aren't aware, but they will eventually find out.

The 80 is the same, the Japan orders are a separate thing, it would seem that Japan is where its happening for Guthrie, my friend Mojo has been playing the album for a while now on CoCo FM in Osaka and has touched the Japanese fans, cool, if Guthrie canot get his base in the western world thats fine Japan will do for us guys.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
treeduck wrote:

Is that 150 on top of the 80? So that's 230 now?

If Japan alone is at around 150, I'm sure the other 80 figure is much higher now. Or it could be that the initial 80 orders taken over the weekend included a lot of orders from Japan. It'll go good. I've been sending emails to a long list of fans who've bought the DVD's over the past few years notifying them of the album release and I got quite a few responses back from people thanking me for the info and that they didn't know about it. I'm sure there are still quite a few who have been waiting for this album who aren't aware, but they will eventually find out.

The 80 is the same, the Japan orders are a separate thing, it would seem that Japan is where its happening for Guthrie, my friend Mojo has been playing the album for a while now on CoCo FM in Osaka and has touched the Japanese fans, cool, if Guthrie canot get his base in the western world thats fine Japan will do for us guys.

Paul, I'm confident that it'll grow in the US and Europe. You see what radio play can do in Japan. It's just a matter of time and good promotions in the Western world as well. There seems to be quite a few who are waiting for distribution through "normal" outlets. People in the US are spoiled by being able to get a DVD and a CD in the same package for less than $20.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny to read the pockets of "resistance" out there. Check out this thread in the Guitar World forum:

http://www.guitarworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27805

Supposedly, this guy already got one (it was posted Wednesday) and essentially slags it for all it's worth. Some people just don't have better things to do with the short time they have left in their lives... Rolling Eyes
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Onion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doubt he even has it. Laughing

there will always be some that have to slate everything, i cant be arsed to listen to them.
treeduck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
It's funny to read the pockets of "resistance" out there. Check out this thread in the Guitar World forum:

Supposedly, this guy already got one (it was posted Wednesday) and essentially slags it for all it's worth. Some people just don't have better things to do with the short time they have left in their lives... Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't worry about that Ed, he was the only dessenting voice in the whole thread, plus it was pointed out by someone there that he'd apparantly typed out a similar negative rant about Shawn Lane which in a way is a backhanded compliment, if he doesn't get Shawn then it follows he won't get Guthrie. And as you say I doubt he's even got a copy, have any been sent to New Orleans? Sounds like one of those guys who are never impressed with anything.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Guitar World forum is probably the single worst forum I've ever encountered, and I've seen many over the years. It's not worthy of anyone's attention, certainly not ours, so let's just move on...
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:

I wouldn't worry about that Ed, he was the only dessenting voice in the whole thread, plus it was pointed out by someone there that he'd apparantly typed out a similar negative rant about Shawn Lane which in a way is a backhanded compliment, if he doesn't get Shawn then it follows he won't get Guthrie. And as you say I doubt he's even got a copy, have any been sent to New Orleans? Sounds like one of those guys who are never impressed with anything.

Not worried at all. I just think it's funny in a pathetic way. I didn't catch the Lane part. Well, pffft... if he also said negative stuff about Lane, then we have a good idea what that guy is all about. You know, it's perfectly understandable that some people find that Guthrie or Lane isn't their cup of tea, but spewing negative stuff about either is just so classless.

BTW, it is going to take good 4~5 days or longer for something to arrive from UK here in the States. And that's what bugged me - the fact that he doesn't even have it.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
The Guitar World forum is probably the single worst forum I've ever encountered, and I've seen many over the years. It's not worthy of anyone's attention, certainly not ours, so let's just move on...

I found out about it on the Vai forum. It was posted there by an MAB freak who had run-ins with some members here. We were very close to banning the guy. So once again, there's an agenda there as well. Anyway, you're right. No need to bother with this any longer.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Javi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered my copy. I will contribute with word spread in the Worth of Mouth in G9 and other important forums in Spain. This is great news...at last!
sumis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
It was posted there by an MAB freak who had run-ins with some members here. We were very close to banning the guy.

Oh, that guy Rolling Eyes Remember him. He was good fun Laughing

James W

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
It was posted there by an MAB freak who had run-ins with some members here.

No shit. Laughing
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:

Guthrie told me about this last night Shocked I replied and it seemed to have a good effect Very Happy check out the thread now its quite funny and all seemed to come out good for the many voices of reason we have out there,

Talk soon

Paul

p/s just a note to say that the 1st load have been posted, so the 1st batch of UK people should be receiving theirs in the morning (Friday) and the 1st batch of USA and Japan will be next Wed / Thursday,
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Laughing

That's great, Paul! Really funny stuff. Thanks for doing that. I absolutely knew this guy didn't have the album but I couldn't prove it and didn't think it was worth my time and effort to get on his case about it. Ah, the foibles of life in the age of the Internet... Rolling Eyes Well, this one turned out really good. We have to save this thread for posterity! Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
treeduck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
alexkhan wrote:

Guthrie told me about this last night Shocked I replied and it seemed to have a good effect Very Happy check out the thread now its quite funny and all seemed to come out good for the many voices of reason we have out there,

Talk soon

Paul

p/s just a note to say that the 1st load have been posted, so the 1st batch of UK people should be receiving theirs in the morning (Friday) and the 1st batch of USA and Japan will be next Wed / Thursday,

That was funny, I wonder what he'll come back with now...if anything...

Btw: I'll love the smell of Erotic Cakes in the morning...
Tri_tone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:

Were the orders from the rest of Europe also shipped today Question
I can't wait for mine to arrive..Holland isn't so far from the U.K. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: