Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Dude... There's my CD!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dude... There's my CD!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Dude... There's my CD!! Reply with quote

I guess this goes out to Paul...

First off, I apologize for even writing this. I am not normally the sort of person who whines about this kind of thing, but I still haven't reeceived my Guthrie CD. I ordered it on the 13th, it is now the 21st. Can you please give an explanation of why there's such a delay? Again, I'm sorry for complaining, but I have had nothing but bad luck recently with eBay, Amazon, and other Internet purchases. In fact I just had to make a claim through Amazon for a refund on a particularly expensive set of DVD's that didn't turn up at all after waiting 5 weeks.

People I know in the UK have received their GG CD last week, yet they ordered after me, so I'm writing this in the hope that you'll reply soon. Only reason why is because I'm itching to hear this damn alum! And hey, I still love you Paul. Wink

Dee
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dude... where's my CD?!! Reply with quote

Dee wrote:
I guess this goes out to Paul...

First off, I apologize for even writing this. I am not normally the sort of person who whines about this kind of thing, but I still haven't reeceived my Guthrie CD. I ordered it on the 13th, it is now the 21st. Can you please give an explanation of why there's such a delay? Again, I'm sorry for complaining, but I have had nothing but bad luck recently with eBay, Amazon, and other Internet purchases. In fact I just had to make a claim through Amazon for a refund on a particularly expensive set of DVD's that didn't turn up at all after waiting 5 weeks.

People I know in the UK have received their GG CD last week, yet they ordered after me, so I'm writing this in the hope that you'll reply soon. Only reason why is because I'm itching to hear this damn alum! And hey, I still love you Paul. Wink

Dee

Everything is progressing in the going in the post department, pressure of work is slowing things a little (plus the 2.30 hours every time you go to the post office) shouldn't be to long though,

We had Guthrie at the office all day today for interviews so its his fault nothing went out today Wink he did ask me to tell you all about our cunning internet scam once the money was in but...... Shocked

For those that need to be told JOKING,

Wont be long Dee, promise

PC
Dee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks dude! Sorry if I was whining, I just need to hear this bloody CD!

Cool
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine the day it was announced, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow.
Big Bad Bill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dude... where's my CD?!! Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
We had Guthrie at the office all day today for interviews so its his fault nothing went out today
Interviews? Great-what publications are they likely to be in? It'd be nice to read what GG has to say-I like his literary style in his two books and the liner notes for the CD, but it'd be nice to see how he responds to questioning!
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dude... where's my CD?!! Reply with quote

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Mr C. wrote:
We had Guthrie at the office all day today for interviews so its his fault nothing went out today
Interviews? Great-what publications are they likely to be in? It'd be nice to read what GG has to say-I like his literary style in his two books and the liner notes for the CD, but it'd be nice to see how he responds to questioning!

He responds well Cool

PC
Tri_tone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:
Ordered mine the day it was announced, I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow.

Same here Shocked I can't wait!!
NESFantasy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in reading some of those interviews! Of course, that's the idea, isn't it? Laughing

I am curious, Guthrie used to post a bit (I read a few of his responses...boy, those were huge!), but he hasn't posted anything under his account for 2 years. Any reason for that, or is he simply busy? Also, does he read these comments himself, or do certain interesting tidbits get mentioned to him (as with the few comments he's made through others)?

I live on the East Coast of the US, but while I can't wait for the disc, I don't expect it. When it gets here, it gets here...unless it takes a month or more, then I might start wondering.
treeduck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dude... where's my CD?!! Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote:
Mr C. wrote:

He responds well Cool

PC

Yeah but Paul I notice you didn't answer his question...

Wink
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NESFantasy wrote:

I am curious, Guthrie used to post a bit (I read a few of his responses...boy, those were huge!), but he hasn't posted anything under his account for 2 years. Any reason for that, or is he simply busy? Also, does he read these comments himself, or do certain interesting tidbits get mentioned to him (as with the few comments he's made through others)?

Guthrie is indeed a very, very busy fellow and I gather he's busier than ever now trying to promote this album as well as attending to his normal duties of teaching at BIMM, writing columns for GT, preparing for the trip to US for rehearsals with GPS and then the UK tour in October, etc. He does certainly follow the forum and he has promised to both Frank and me that he'll eventually get back to posting things here, eventually. I guess he's somewhat shy and all this praise that we shower on him probably makes him physically ill! Wink Now that the solo album is out and the GPS album will soon be out, let's hope Guthrie can make a bit of time to say hello to the fans every now and then.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
He does certainly follow the forum and he has promised to both Frank and me that he'll eventually get back to posting things here, eventually. I guess he's somewhat shy and all this praise that we shower on him probably makes him physically ill! Wink Now that the solo album is out and the GPS album will soon be out, let's hope Guthrie can make a bit of time to say hello to the fans every now and then.

Yep I can vouch that Guthrie has read a lot of what's going on here. Annoyingly he has some humorous insights which would be good to see shared in print... he seems familiar with a fair few of the names of people here, which you don't get from a cursory scan of a forum.

I can understand why he doesn't show his face that often, I find myself feeling very uneasy if I'm doing a contract and I become the "golden boy" it makes for a long way to fall from. Perhaps that's not the same discomfort Guthrie feels but the urge to remain aloof is probably the same.

He gets nagged, and he's earnest that he will return. Maybe if we all wore purple jump suits and trainers the second coming would be that little bit sooner. Wink

I have the power!
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand Guthrie. Not that I'm anywhere near his level of proficiency on guitar, but having people tell you you're amazing can certainly be embarrassing. The worst thing, though, is being put on the spot... when a friend or a family member tries to make you play to a total stranger. UGH! I just refuse.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, maybe it arrives tomorrow, then.
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
I can understand why he doesn't show his face that often

Yeah, he's no Brad Pitt.

Big Bad Bill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand a little discomfort on Guthrie's part, but it's not empty praise-we're very sincere-his album is absolutely excellent-technically and musically-so it's deserved praise.

Besides, when Shayne Ward's new CD comes out, we'll all be ignoring GG, and posting on SW's message board. GG might as well enjoy it while he can! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: