Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie's health
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie's health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Guthrie's health Reply with quote

I was shocked when I found out in the CD's booklet that Eric Roche passed away last year Sad . I am very sorry to hear that. Well, for that reason we don’t want any dedicated track to Guthrie for that same reason. We don’t need more young dead or disabled guitarists, so from now on we have the responsibility of looking after his health. No more Stella (well maybe a couple now and again), no more rolled cigarettes, no more junk food… only healthy life, fruit, cabbage, greens, a lot of fish and olive oil Wink . So the people who are close to him should watch what he eat, drink, and do… We want more albums until he end up playing “boring jazz” sat on a chair on a stage at 90… with Seth, Pete and the rest Smile . So I can say to my children, “Yes son, I have 20 albums from Govan”. “Dad, this concert is boring” “Yes son, he is losing it a bit” Rolling Eyes . Wink
Resi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Who knew Richard Simmons is a Guthrie fan? Wink
Javi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna start to make all guitarists to use the guitar like a physical exercise device, which in fact it is... Laughing Laughing Just jokin'. Sometimes I wish to have one of those guitars with no body... Those ones that Allan Holdsworth uses sometimes Laughing Laughing Laughing
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long life to Guthrie and a hundred albums!!! Laughing

Seriously, I can easily envision Guthrie becoming very prolific - perhaps not so much with the solo albums, but with other projects and bands, doing guest appearances, sideman gigs, studio and soundtrack sessions, etc.

I think Guthrie takes good care of himself. Yeah, he smokes but he's not a chain smoker or anything. A few vices in moderation isn't a bad thing. Perhaps he should exercise more, but it seems that playing the guitar turns out to be quite a good workout for him.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Javi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Long life to Guthrie and a hundred albums!!! Laughing

Seriously, I can easily envision Guthrie becoming very prolific - perhaps not so much with the solo albums, but with other projects and bands, doing guest appearances, sideman gigs, studio and soundtrack sessions, etc.

I think Guthrie takes good care of himself. Yeah, he smokes but he's not a chain smoker or anything. A few vices in moderation isn't a bad thing. Perhaps he should exercise more, but it seems that playing the guitar turns out to be quite a good workout for him.

That's right, to play like that in a regular basis you need to be fit and have lots of stamina. So I presume his health is not an issue.
Ok then, we can kill this subject and concentrate in his new album. I want this subject at the bottom of the forum for many many years... or even forever. No more replies please Laughing Laughing
art

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:

Ok then, we can kill this subject and concentrate in his new album. I want this subject at the bottom of the forum for many many years... or even forever. No more replies please Laughing Laughing

Great way to make sure that some annoying person replies. Sigh.... Wink
Javi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: