Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - EROTIC CAKES LIVE 5TH NOVEMBER AT THE NEC 12.00 MIDDAY.
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EROTIC CAKES LIVE 5TH NOVEMBER AT THE NEC 12.00 MIDDAY.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: EROTIC CAKES LIVE 5TH NOVEMBER AT THE NEC 12.00 MIDDAY. Reply with quote

Guthrie will be performing live at the NEC Birmingham on the main stage at the Music Live show at 3.00 p.m. with full band. CHANGED TO 12.00 MIDDAY!

PC

Last edited by Mr C. on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
scimitar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this isn't the same as last year where the only reason me and a few other people went was to see guthrie play and it was called off.
Mr C.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie will also be on the Cornford stand / booth, for the 3 days (3rd 4th and 5th) signing and playing.
jordan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Guthrie will also be on the Cornford stand / booth, for the 3 days (3rd 4th and 5th) signing and playing.

Blimey, I thought that said "singing" for a moment there Smile
Edovinus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm seriously considering flying out to see this.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edovinus wrote:
Hmmm... I'm seriously considering flying out to see this.

Just do it! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Edovinus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just might do it Smile
Ballit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it, i was in London 2 weeks ago and not only missed a GPS concert the same day i was there which was in Bradford, but there was also a Bassment concert the day after i left in London.... It will be a nice revenge to fly back to London to catch this . Very Happy
Ktula

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which day is Guthrie scheduled to play? He's not listed on the Music live website, and after last years Music Live I want to make sure he's actually going to be there! Smile
Onion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!
StevePage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make sure i get my arse to the cornford stand
Mr C.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time for the main stage show is now 12.00 midday and the band is now a 4 piece with the addition of the man with his Hammond.

Also Guthrie may be Jamming as a special guest at the PRS party on the Saturday night which is open to the public and is in the live hall at the NEC.

CD's and the new t-shirts will be on the Cornford stand which is number A73 opposite Marshall Wink

We have a small stage on the Cornford stand and Guthrie will be playing every day to hi-fi backing tracks form the Cakes CD, Jan Cyrka will also be on hand thorough-out the weekend., it should be a great Guthrie fest,

PC
sumis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
the band is now a 4 piece with the addition of the man with his Hammond.

Laughing that is SOOOO appropriate! this will be great. i'm glad its not a rhodes player, 'cause i'm looking for one myself, and don't wanna come across as a guthrie rip off ([hubris!]) Wink

that band is going to be great. organic sounding ripping shred groove stuff! how utterly INAPPROPRIATE it would have been with a 'synth guy' (ŕ la some crappy prog metal [read: sherinian]).

Mr C.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything for the NEC show is as above apart from the PRS party which Guthrie will not be playing at, Guthrie was asked as a guest for the party, but it turns out to be a marketing exercise for Marshall and PRS? as Guthrie cannot use his gear, Cornford and Suhr, he would have to use Marshall and PRS, so Guthrie quite rightly said no, as he assumed that a party was meant to be a fun event rather than a business event, Rolling Eyes

If Scott Henderson plays at my birthday party I wouldn't mind him using his Custom Audio amp Wink

And if Billy Gibbons turns up with a Pignose thats fine by me Very Happy what do you think Ed?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
Everything for the NEC show is as above apart from the PRS party which Guthrie will not be playing at, Guthrie was asked as a guest for the party, but it turns out to be a marketing exercise for Marshall and PRS? as Guthrie cannot use his gear, Cornford and Suhr, he would have to use Marshall and PRS, so Guthrie quite rightly said no, as he assumed that a party was meant to be a fun event rather than a business event, Rolling Eyes

If Scott Henderson plays at my birthday party I wouldn't mind him using his Custom Audio amp Wink

And if Billy Gibbons turns up with a Pignose thats fine by me Very Happy what do you think Ed?

Hey Paul, buddy, thanks for that interesting tidbit. Why doesn't any of this surprise me? Rolling Eyes Laughing Big companies like to sneak up on the little guys like us and try to pluck away our gems for even a moment and then use that to their marketing advantage. Hey, I worked for 10 years at the biggest company of 'em all so I know their games.

Paul, as far as John Suhr and I are concerned, you make some mighty fine amplifiers and we are very happy that Guthrie is very happy with his gear and your amps. What more can an artist ask for than have his instruments and amps do exactly what he or she wants them to do?

I know we share the common philosophy that the artists have to really want to play our gear. Everything else is secondary. Other things that we can do for artists like Guthrie and other great players are important, too, but it ultimately comes down to whether they really love our gear and they can just focus on making music or not.

Yeah, Guthrie is most welcome to play any Cornford at John's birthday party. Wink Oh, yeah, John is a HUGE fan of the mighty Reverend! Hey, artists should simply all use what they want to play and just focus on making great music.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: