Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - How do I find out live dates for Essex gigs?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I find out live dates for Essex gigs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipblows

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: How do I find out live dates for Essex gigs? Reply with quote

Hi all.

This is my first post on the forum, so apologies if there is some other string that details gig dates and stuff - I couldn't find it.

I live in Romford and have seen Guthrie and co. only once a few years ago and absolutlely LOVED the gig. Have just received Erotic Cakes through the post and am now listening to it for about the fourth time straight through. What an amazing album! I can't remember being this excited about a guitar CD since I got Passion & Warfare as a teenager. (Some time ago...)

Anyway, I gather from another post that Guthrie and the guys still play at the Bassment bar in Chelmsford. Can someone tell me how I can find out when they will be playing in the future? Does the bar have a listings page or anything, or is it all word of mouth?

Hope someone can let me know soon - would love to come and enjoy the muso madness again sometime, especially before everyone in the industry hears the album and whisks these three off for a rock makeover and a place on the next G3 tour with Satch and Steve! Very Happy

Cheers, Phil.
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" The Fellowship" are at the Bassment every Thursday. When Guthrie is not there , Dave Kilminster usually fills in for him. (Dave is just back from playing with Roger Waters in DSOTM tour.) Pete Riley is not there this week, on drums, but his place is usually taken by Martin 'Magic' Johnson. Seth is always there on bass and Zak Barrett on sax. John on keys.. if he's away, Sam Edwards fills in.
Whatever combination, it's always a good night.
Check out
http://www.myspace.com/guthriegovaneroticcakes

http://www.myspace.com/fellowshipoffunk

See you there?
philipblows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Cool, will be there Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks a lot for the info. I didn't realise that it was on every week - the Thursday night badminton will have to be second choice for a while!

A few of my mates were taught by Martin Johnson years ago, and they have utmost respect for him. I saw him once at Charmers (RIP) in Romford years ago in a trio that was awesome.

Have heard that Kilminster is pretty special too. What sort of time do you need to turn up to get a seat? When does it end?

Cheers,

Phil.
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't that many seats.You have to get there early if you want one. I think the doors open about 8ish.The band start about 9.30ish... can be later if someone gets held up. It goes on until midnight, when they have to finish as they all turn into pumpkins! Laughing Laughing
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a rule on seat in the middle table (usually 3 tables) is set aside for Zak's Dad, who goes every week.

I've got to go again soon, I'm losing the will to play guitar.

I have the power!
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, don't sit in Arthur's seat! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: