Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - HEY WAssuP everyBody???... i'm a new member here...
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HEY WAssuP everyBody???... i'm a new member here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paolo_Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: HEY WAssuP everyBody???... i'm a new member here... Reply with quote

HI!!! I'm Paolo Manlunas, you guys can call me PAOLO or PAO or even sum of my friends call me just 'P' ... but i dont use that chemical Surprised anyway... i'm from New Zealand but originally from the Philippines..been here in N.Z. for 5 yrs. now we migrated..but i've been playing guitar for almost all my life..okay since i was 8yrs OLD i'm 23 now ...
I have a short story which became an epiphany for me as a musician... i've been playing guitar (rhythm & lead) for as long as i know..for 15 years now to be exact... for the last 2 years i have been very frustrated about my goal as a musician and guitarist ..for some reason, after all my practices and studying (self/school) music and guitar i kinda felt frustrated and kinda wanted to just leave the instrument for i dont know how long..i felt its not taking me anywhere...maybe i got sick of it or sumthing but i knew i can't leave it or stop playing it.it's like a love/hate relationship but to a higher degree..i actually thought of studying like a non-musical degree or course like computer or business but no.. so i went along with my journey with my guitar. but i didn't really take anything seriously because everytime i start practicing i always start to feel empty and uninterested with what i was doing, so what i did is just noodle for just 30 minutes if i feel like it. so one time i was surfing the net in the now popular YouTube.com , and yes i stumbled upon the great Mr. Govan. i read about his articles/columns and stuff on the magazines ,but you know i never really checked Guthrie out, because every time i check other guitarist's stuff on the net, they just bore me out to death and they were uninspiring... but when i saw Guthrie and heard his music...OMG!Shocked the feeling i got was as if i just found a whole new world..the feeling was like the same when i just first learned how to play the guitar, and heard Yngwie Malmsteen back when i was 8!!!
i can't praise Mr. Govan enough .. He's like 'The Guitarist's guitarist and Musician's musician' to me!!! he's such an inspiration to me and totally motivated me to not stop going forward with music and the guitar!! THANKS Guthrie Govan!! Very Happy

...so i'm very happy to be here!! now i wanna meet the Guth and shake his hand and thank him for saving my musical life ... or maybe one of you can do that for me please??? Smile Laughing
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paolo, welcome to the forum and the world of Guthrie. Apparently, you got hit with the Guthrie Lightning like a lot of others here. Laughing I'll pass on the good word to Guthrie and thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with us.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Paolo_Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

hey thanks man i hope you'd be able to pass my thanks to him... Very Happy i just finished learning Guthrie's chromatic lesson and that was really awesome and i just find myself doing chromatic in my solos in a very sensible way... i've also been listening to a lot of jazz ever since when i read Guthrie's interview from alloutguitar.com , he said something about learning how to play fusion music is about understanding the very root of it and learning how to speak the language instead of just playing/noodling fusion/jazz licks for the sake of impressing or showing off... what an eye opener Guthrie is!!! and i'm even incorporating some country licks in my playing now and a whole lot of other ways of phrasing (jazzy)... had i not found Guthrie Govan i would still be stuck in my old ways of soloing (uninspiring senseless shredding up & down), or i would have put the guitar down for good! Shocked which is real scary... but i'm a happy guitarist now!!... Laughing Very Happy ... and more musical too!! Wink Smile
JP7stringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I had to do a double take when I say your membership name, My real name is Paolo Augello...so very wierd, and I was the same, very depressed about guitar, ready to quit...then suddenly Guthrie came along, and I felt reborn!
Paolo_Angelo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP7stringer wrote:
Man I had to do a double take when I say your membership name, My real name is Paolo Augello...so very wierd, and I was the same, very depressed about guitar, ready to quit...then suddenly Guthrie came along, and I felt reborn!

yeah that is weird... just two letter difference from your second name huh? then we'll have the exact names... Confused except for my last name ... but nice to know though that someone had the same/similar experience and been saved Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: