Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - What's the deal with Guthrie DVDs?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the deal with Guthrie DVDs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipblows

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: What's the deal with Guthrie DVDs? Reply with quote

I know that there are a few threads on the media section of the forum about DVDs featuring Guthrie, but I wonder if someone can help with some concise answers to the following:

1. How many different Guthrie DVDs are available?

2. Could someone write a short synopsis on each one? e.g. who's playing, venue, recording quality, overall greatness of gig etc.

3. Where are these DVDs available from, and how much are they?

4. I went to watch The Fellowship playing in Corringham earlier this year, when I believe they were filming for a DVD. Is this out yet, and has it come out well?

Any help would be much appreciated - of course I watch the bluesjamtracks clips on Youtube every day, but I need more!!

Cheers.

Very Happy
frankus

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Cool it, Otto-man..

I don't know the answer to any of these questions Wink I just wanted to use that line.

I have the power!
Cass679

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. From my e-mails with TM, There are 3 DVDs available. Guthrie Govan Live at Tone Merchants Jan 19, 2005; Guthrie's Cornford Clinic January 24, 2004 and The Fellowship Live At the Bassment April 29, 2004.

2.-In the Cornford clinic DVD, its basically Guthrtie playing a few tracks from Erotic Cakes to a backing track with his PRS. There are also a few cool clips of Guthrie noodling and using the Boomerang. Good quality DVD but a little short. Then again, it was really just a Cornford demo.
-The Fellowship DVD is very grainy but the sound quality is pretty good. I think this one is great for some of the groovier jazz-fusion type songs that Guthrie and the Fellowship do, like Chick Corea's 'Spain'
-I don't have the Live At Tone Merchants January, 2005 yet because TM got a batch of faulty DVDs, so patience is a virtue Wink

3.You can e-mail Tone Marchants about buying the available DVDs: noel@tonemerchants.com.

4.I would like to find out about this myself!

Hope this answers some questions. Smile
philipblows

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb, many thanks for the comprehensive reply.

The Fellowship DVD sounds the best out of those, but given that the Corringham one must be pretty imminent I think I'll just hold on for that one.

I think that the people at licklibrary might have been involved with the production of the lastest vid, and I seem to remember chatting with one of the dudes who thought that it would be out around easter time.

If anyone knows any more then do tell!

Cheers. Smile
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I last spoke to "the man who's in charge" it still wasn't ready. Not heard anything since. Will post as soon as I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: