Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Any POD users here??? Let´s trade sounds and tips
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any POD users here??? Let´s trade sounds and tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LZP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Any POD users here??? Let´s trade sounds and tips Reply with quote

Hey guys,
What can I say, I use the POD XT Live, eventhough I´m a GG fan, I managed to get some pretty cool sounds, very organic and analog-like. So maybe if anyone else uses one of these gadgets maybe we could exchange patches. I would love to know how to get closer to GG´s sound with this monster-stompbox.
I managed to get one pretty close, it´s the Soldano amp model with half gain up, with the Line 6 Vetta Juice as a stompbox for harder sounds, and for leads I used an analog delay setting, with very low mix volume, just to thicken the sound. I use these setup to play Waves, Erotic Cakes, Ner Ner , 5s and 7s. But I´d like to get even closer to the clean sounds he uses. Well, hope these works, and we can gather some Line 6 feedback. Cheers!!!
LZP

www.myspace.com/leozp
Rickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! I've had a podxt live for quite a while, and I haven't used it that much or played with the sounds... too busy trying to practice guitar I guess Laughing
Yeah but guthrie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a POD, some people seem to think that you cant get a good sound out of it, but if you know what buttons to press, to an extent you can get pretty much any sound you want, or one that will satisfy. I tried to get Micheal Romeo lead and Ryhthm tones circa DWOT., and after a month of tweaking on a close sound I pretty much got it.
I do have a guthrie sound but it still needs a bit of tweaking but ILL inform you when its done. The only problem is that guthries tone is so rich, and can change from an angry piercing lead sound to a soft, vocal clean sound at the flick of his volume knob, its hard to get that. and also trying to get the sound of a £1000+ guitar and amp through a £300 pound stomp box is near impossible. Still it is a great help and it certainly does the Job 99% of the time. Ill note dwn some of my favourite settings and pos them down. also could you post what amp you have your POD set to run through (2x12,4x12etc).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: