Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Recording preamps
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording preamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidtension

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Recording preamps Reply with quote

Quick recording question. I'm currently using just the preamps on a Mackie VLZ Pro board. How much improvement would there be if I inserted a Focusrite Trakmaster or Platinum TwinTrak Pro instead of the board's standard preamps? Would I be blown away, would the difference be marginal at best, or would it just sound "different" but not necessarily better?

I'm basically running a Mesa Rectifier Recording Preamp into the board, then into an Echo audio card, and finally into the PC.

Also, how would one of these Focusrite preamps affect/improve the recording of quality samples from Gigastudio?
wrighty-boyo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Marshall JMP-1, its really cool. Very versatile indeed.
liquidtension

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm referring to is "preamp" as in a mixer's preamps rather than "guitar" preamp. The Mesa does very well on the guitar end.

I'm just trying to figure out how I can iron out my sound in the recording process. So I'm just wondering if a dedicated "budget" preamp like a Focusrite Trakmaster would really show any major increase in quality over the preamps in a Mackie VLZ Pro board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: