Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Humbucker install
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Humbucker install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riffronan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Humbucker install Reply with quote

I just got the new Aldrich bridge pickup but I don't see a schematic in the box anywhere. I was hoping someone tell me how you'd wire 'em up in series without the need for coil splitting. Thanks in advance!
Riffronan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the new Aldrich pickup is an awesome replacement for the Bill Lawrence in my favorite N4's bridge! I got an immediate response from the Suhr team as to how to wire it up and after A/Bing it with the L500, I'm so happy with it. I was the most concerned that maybe it wasn't as hot as the L500....wrong! All the beautiful gain but with a much better bass response than the BL...fuller sound. Sweet high end frequencies just like the Suhr site describes. Harmonics all there too. And this pup is so much better sounding in parallel with the '59er in the neck. The BL is a great metal pickup but with all the treble and massive pick attack you get with it, it becomes too grating to listen to all the time. And it's useless for any type of clean settings...definitely a one trick pony for metal. My thanks to the people at Suhr for their impeccable quality. Doug Aldrich has one heck of an ear ... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: