Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - The Bassment Info
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Bassment Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band normally Laughing ! start setting up about 9.15ish. They start about 9.45, play for an hour, then break for 15mins. Cue Seth and Guthrie fleeing to the bar and then racing upstairs to have a fag break!!
When they can be prised away they'll play until midnight.
But be aware that this gig is very flexible, if they want to start earlier they will, have a break earlier etc.
I think you get my drift.
Hope to see you there then, and enjoy.
nielsri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to the Bassment on the 12th of July Shocked The people of Chelmsford are very very lucky. I was expecting an entrance fee of around £15, and so was delighted to be charged £4 per person (I took my sceptical girlfriend). What can you get for £4? Seriously- what can you get for £4? Not even 2 pints. And then you get to see Guthrie... I hadn't heard much of the Fellowship's material (just a few You Tube clips) but it was immediately accessible, whilst also being tight and having a real substance. My girlfriend was expecting guitar wank (even though I told her that wouldn't happen because it was Guthrie) and she was amazed to hear real MUSIC rather than notes, and also to see Guthrie as part of a band- not an egotistical front man in the spotlight. I was stunned by the sax player who kept up with Guthrie, and also inspired by how much Guthrie seemed to enjoy trading licks with him- having a musical conversation rather than a duel- communication instead of competition. Guthrie was amazing of course...but so were the rest of the band. I was staying in a Travelodge in Norwich that week in an Alan Partridge stylee, so we had to leave after the first set (we got back at 1.20), so I could get to work in the morning. Amazing night. Hope to get back soon. Lucky, lucky Chelmsford.

Very Happy
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nielsri"]I got to the Bassment on the 12th of July Shocked The people of Chelmsford are very very lucky. I was expecting an entrance fee of around £15, and so was delighted to be charged £4 per person (I took my sceptical girlfriend). What can you get for £4? Seriously- what can you get for £4? Not even 2 pints. And then you get to see Guthrie... I hadn't heard much of the Fellowship's material (just a few You Tube clips) but it was immediately accessible, whilst also being tight and having a real substance. My girlfriend was expecting guitar wank (even though I told her that wouldn't happen because it was Guthrie) and she was amazed to hear real MUSIC rather than notes, and also to see Guthrie as part of a band- not an egotistical front man in the spotlight. I was stunned by the sax player who kept up with Guthrie, and also inspired by how much Guthrie seemed to enjoy trading licks with him- having a musical conversation rather than a duel- communication instead of competition. Guthrie was amazing of course...but so were the rest of the band. I was staying in a Travelodge in Norwich that week in an Alan Partridge stylee, so we had to leave after the first set (we got back at 1.20), so I could get to work in the morning. Amazing night. Hope to get back soon. Lucky, lucky Chelmsford.

Very Happy[/quote]

Yes, we are very lucky and we should appreciate that it only takes 5 minutes to get home!
All the band are great.. Zak on sax, Pete on drums, Seth on Bass, and John or Sam on keys.. Such talent!!
loiking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, we are very lucky and we should appreciate that it only takes 5 minutes to get home!
All the band are great.. Zak on sax, Pete on drums, Seth on Bass, and John or Sam on keys.. Such talent!!

pity about the rubbish guitarist though ey.....
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no Zak this week, so.....
There's a chance we could get some Erotic cakes...
And we could have TWO guitarists.. Guthrie AND Dave K..
Now that would be good......
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what can I say about last night?
Blinding!!
Guthrie and Dave K both on guitars, Pete on drums, Seth on bass and Sam on keys.
Absolutely fantastic... Guthrie and Dave had a ball and wanted to do it all over again.
Everyone had smiles fixed on their faces all night!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we'll get the chance to see them together again before too long.

A VERY special night. Very Happy
Errock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY DONT YOU FILM JUST ONE NIGHT !! for the fans that can't go ( like me, i live in chile) we dont know anything new of guthrie Crying or Very sad
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've persuaded 3 other friends to go up to the Bassment with me.
I'd like to catch some EC stuff when I'm there and also one of my friends would like to hear Dave K live. Is it just pot luck as to who'll be there or is there any way to ring and find out who's playing? or is this the only place to find out any info via Mr FuzzyDuck?

Is Guthrie playing there on Thursdays over the next 3 weeks?

Tony
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are not many weeks when they play EC. It usually happens when Zak is away, but this week we had Dave K instead so they still played fellowship stuff.
It is really like pot luck.. we usually know the week before who will be there the following week. If there is a change we try to post it so people will know if Guthrie's away etc.

Dave usually fills in for Guthrie if he is around, but this week they added him instead of Zak. Great stuff!! He won't be playing for a few weeks..will be away in US with Roger Waters for a week or so..

You can always ask if you intend going and will let you know what's happening if possible. I check in most days.

Fuzzyduck is always happy to oblige!!!!! Very Happy Laughing Laughing
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks! I'll ask for info about who's there when I work what week I'm likely to be going up.

Cheers Tony
InstruMental Case

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzyduck wrote:
There are not many weeks when they play EC. It usually happens when Zak is away, but this week we had Dave K instead so they still played fellowship stuff.
It is really like pot luck.. we usually know the week before who will be there the following week. If there is a change we try to post it so people will know if Guthrie's away etc.

Dave usually fills in for Guthrie if he is around, but this week they added him instead of Zak. Great stuff!! He won't be playing for a few weeks..will be away in US with Roger Waters for a week or so..

You can always ask if you intend going and will let you know what's happening if possible. I check in most days.

Fuzzyduck is always happy to oblige!!!!! Very Happy Laughing Laughing

I'll be in the UK (London) for my first time next month, so I was wondering if Guthrie is going to be playing anytime between Oct 15th through the 21st?
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and find out for you.

He's in Japan 14th Oct.!!
InstruMental Case

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! Oh, and do you know of any other good players I might be able to catch in the London area? I've had little luck so far - there's a chance I might be able to make it to a Batio clinic, but other than that I haven't found much.
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to Guthrie last night. He will NOT be at the Bassment next Thursday 11th Oct as he will be in Japan. But he will be back for the following Thursday 18th.
Hope that helps you plan...
Tanya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Just wondered if you'd noticed that an extensive list of dates has been added to Guthrie's MySpace - looks like he's going to be a very busy boy over the next several weeks Smile

Tanya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: