Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Big Bends Nut Sauce
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Bends Nut Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donnie B.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Big Bends Nut Sauce Reply with quote

Anyone ever used this stuff? Comments?
jordan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - and what a great product it is.
I've been using it on all my guitars (electrics, steel-string acoustics and nylon) and I can honestly say I've not broken a string in nearly a year since starting with it.....in fact, come to think of it, I've never broken a string on my Peavey Wolfgang in the year I've had it, and that takes some doing given the abuse it gets Very Happy

(Actually, thats not all true.....I recently had my main acoustic setup again with a new nut to accomodate 13-56 strings, and I broke a string a week after I got it back from the shop....needless to say the shop hadn't applied nut sauce to the nut when they installed it!)

I would really recommend it. I apply a little in each nut slot and in the saddle slots each time I change my strings. So far, the lack of breakage speaks for itself.

Some feel its overpriced given the amount you get in the tiny syringe, but I've made a £10 syringe-full last a year now, and given the confidence I have in it, I'd say thats really good value.

Hope this helps,
Jordan.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great product. Really helps with the tuning as well as reducing string breakage although I'm not the type to break strings a lot anyway. Highly recommended!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Trigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sharpened 2B pencil tip rotated in the nut groove until there is sufficient dust in the gap is ok for me. It is a bit dirty looking on a white(ish) nut but it works fine. I have broken perhaps a dozen strings in 20 years and usually when I am full of pints and trying to stay calm.
kabuki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigger wrote:
A sharpened 2B pencil tip rotated in the nut groove until there is sufficient dust in the gap is ok for me. It is a bit dirty looking on a white(ish) nut but it works fine. I have broken perhaps a dozen strings in 20 years and usually when I am full of pints and trying to stay calm.

"trying to stay calm" Laughing

You should try the patented Jazz III Stubby Dust, available at a forum near you Razz

WHO LOVES YA, TRIG??? Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: