Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guitar Techniques Mag
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar Techniques Mag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tafolla-howe-govan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Guitar Techniques Mag Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone could upload some of the older Guthrie audio clips from the magazine, with proper approval of course Very Happy . I think I remember reading that once it's past 6 months old then it's free to share with others. I guess that I'm just a hopeless junkie looking for a fix, although the Erotic Cakes videos should be pretty awesome.
Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed that Guitar Techniques don't take advantage of the huge back catalogue of lessons that they've produced over the years by making them available in pdf/mp3 format over the web for a fee. Obviously transcriptions wouldn't be viable as they only get a limited licence to use them, but I would happily pay for a full set of Guthrie's Blues or Rock Mutations or Pete Callard's jazz series - I think lots of readers probably lose either some of the mags or the CDs & it's frustrating not to be able to find part of the course. TrueFire.com currently do this sort of thing with lessons from Guitar Player in the US. I can't imagine the costs would be too high as long as all the artwork and audio are archived properly - converting to mp3 and pdf (pdfs of the mags must already exist for when the layouts were proofed) isn't expensive so I'm sure it would be a good moneyspinner.
Tuddsound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one of the moderators find out if this is acceptable? I have some stuff that I would be more than glad to share with other Guthrie fans, but I don't want to cause any problems for the forum or violate any copywrite laws. I'm sure that this stuff would be best shared in the media section so that only registeredusers have access to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: