Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - ibanez TS9 Analogman Silver mod
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ibanez TS9 Analogman Silver mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loiking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: ibanez TS9 Analogman Silver mod Reply with quote

i was wondering what people's opinions were in this pedal. i believe its called the Ibanez TS9/TS808 Silver Mod. if i want to buy a Maxon OD9 it would cost 205 aus, and this pedal would cost 273 aus. could y'all help me make up my mind?
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about that one but I do have a Keeley modded TS9DX - Flexi and it works great if you want to get a flat smooth lead sound. I use it with my OD channel wound up about half way and it justs adds a tiny amount of what feels like compression but still leaves room for subtle stuff if you change the pick attack. (There probably should have been a full stop somewhere in that last sentence but I couldn't work out where) Embarassed
loiking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i endedd up going with the TS9/TS808 classic mod with the HWS tour survival kit. ill tell you more when it comes in the mail.(i believe Guthrie has one of these, and Scot Henderson loves them as well) Laughing
M@

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have both an ibanez TS9 Analogman Silver mod AND a Keeley modded TS9DX - Flexi (as well as other Keeley pedals like the DS-1 Ultra Mod and the Boss Blues Driver Mod) - no I'm not a merchant!

I prefer the Keeley modded TS9DX - Flexi over the banez TS9 Analogman Silver mod, as I can pull more sounds from the keeley.

I have a Blackstone Appliance too, which is also good, but doesn't have enough balls for my liking (not that I'm always playing to those extremes, but nice to have it sometimes).

My favorite pedal is my Exotic BB Preamp, but in all honesty, these days I just plug my Suhr Standard or Suhr Pro S2 into my Mesa Boogie or my Cornford Carrera to get great pure tones.

At the end of the day, it's probably a combination of gear, playing style (read fingers) and your own taste that will determine which pedals (if any) are good for you.

Cheers
M@
loiking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Analogman pedal is fantastic, it sound great on low gain settings, producing a very warm tone, while when winding up the gain it gives a fair amount of dirt and is good fro soloing etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: