Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Anybody know who this guitarist is?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody know who this guitarist is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chumbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Anybody know who this guitarist is? Reply with quote

I found these 3 videos of a brazilian guitarist which is simply mind-blowing and apparently totally unknown to everybody...or not? pls check it out, and watch in it's full length 'cause it only gets better!
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=blacklotus007&p=r

Ok, maybe GG is still god but you gotta give the guy some respect. He is good, VERY good and trailing not far behind The Man himself.
For pure 'WOW' factor sensations, watch the blues-rock hybrid video 1st Wink
Enjoy!
Chumbo
PS in a quite different department check out bryan backer for some truly innovative guitar playing! (now playing with Steps Ahead).
Wickedpicker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Not feelin it Reply with quote

Didn't get the first vid to play but I watched the other two. The guys got some interesting technique goin but it sounded like a jig saw cuttin through plexiglass to my ears. Its a subjective thing, I know but I never got the sense that I was listening to music. Kinda like listening to a guy play some wicked speed licks on the steel drum, somebodys gonna be blown away and somebody else is gonna go "yeah but why?"
dkaplowitz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can sure play, but what gawd-awful tone!
poulter5150

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando Miyata is his name my friend in brazil knows him
RD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trailing not far behind????

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

Don't get me wrong; he's good, but what this guy is doing doesn't come close to what Guthrie is doing.

He's surely more creative then most of the metal/rock-type of players that you'll usually hear, true, but there are big diffirences with Guthrie:

- Guthrie's picking is always clean, this guy is often sloppy.
- Guthrie is versatile in his music genres and songs. This Braz guy is not; it's all the same stuff, judging from the videos. Very much locked in to a certain type of playing and sound.
- Guthrie plays over all kinds of chord changes in different keys/tonal centers. This Brazillian guy does not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: