Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Petrucci Forumites Weigh In On Craziest Technicians
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petrucci Forumites Weigh In On Craziest Technicians
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but guthrie wrote:
I might post a new thread there called "who is the guitarist with the biggest hands" and waite for someone to go "yeah guthrie has got midget hands compared to the incredible hulk, john petrucci watched that film once, guthries hands are so un-original compared to jp's" or something like that because you know someone will take the thread seriously over there.

Ha! I like your sig! Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Tuddsound

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but guthrie wrote:
I might post a new thread there called "who is the guitarist with the biggest hands" and waite for someone to go "yeah guthrie has got midget hands compared to the incredible hulk, john petrucci watched that film once, guthries hands are so un-original compared to jp's" or something like that because you know someone will take the thread seriously over there.

Seriously though, I think Buckethead and Paul Gilbert would likely be the choice for longest fingers! Brett Garsed has said how he has small hands on his DVD, but that hasn't stopped him from being an amazing player.
Yeah but guthrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think watching Micheal Romeo play goes to show it doesent matter to much how big or small your fingers!!! but I can see where it helps for those holdsworthy chord shapes etc, I have average size fingers I think,
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Well, the Petrucci Forum isn't so much a Petrucci Fan Club as it's about shredding in general. I'd venture to say that more than half of the regular posters there aren't Petruccu fans. Many there have said that they really dislike Petrucci. It's just become the de facto forum for shredders.

Yes, that's an accurate way of putting it. Many forumites who've been there for several years rarely discuss John Petrucci at all. It's mostly the younger forumites who start threads primarily about Petrucci.

I've never been a fan of John Petrucci, and I've never presented me as such either. I just like discussing music in general over there, anything from Guthrie Govan to the Sugababes. Some subjects are prone to ignite flame wars, but I'd rather have a heated discussion than no discussion at all. All in all, a quality forum for interesting music discussions.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but guthrie wrote:
I think watching Micheal Romeo play goes to show it doesent matter to much how big or small your fingers!!! but I can see where it helps for those holdsworthy chord shapes etc, I have average size fingers I think,

Yup, big hands and long fingers are way overrated. Actually, I'd say it (big hand) can become a disadvantage. People expect you to burn and do all kinds of crazy stuff on the fretboard if you have large hands. Big hands and fat fingers would also make it difficult to play in the higher register, me thinks. Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yngtchie Blacksteen wrote:

Yes, that's an accurate way of putting it. Many forumites who've been there for several years rarely discuss John Petrucci at all. It's mostly the younger forumites who start threads primarily about Petrucci.

I've never been a fan of John Petrucci, and I've never presented me as such either. I just like discussing music in general over there, anything from Guthrie Govan to the Sugababes. Some subjects are prone to ignite flame wars, but I'd rather have a heated discussion than no discussion at all. All in all, a quality forum for interesting music discussions.

Yeah, I still try to drop in every now and then. There are just so many other things going on with me lately that I just haven't been able to stop by. It's a fun forum if you're in the mood for it. I've never been into DT or JP either. Just not my thang although I certainly respect the band and JP...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: