Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Musical education in the UK??(short-term)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musical education in the UK??(short-term)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluepowder84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Musical education in the UK??(short-term) Reply with quote

Hi all,
I will be in the UK from the 26th of August till the 5th of October(mainly in London). Was wondering if I could get lessons or join any academy while I was there....any advice...

ps. does Guthrie give lessons...I know ive asked this once...but cant hurt to ask again Laughing
Tuddsound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of friends in the UK that are teachers. Whereabouts are you going to be? I highly recommend looking up Neil Mellor in Liverpool.

I believe that he has had some lessons with Guthrie, Shaun Baxter and graduated from Paul Mc Cartney's music school, and has done some backing tracks for Guitar Techniques as well.

Neil is an incredible musician and great guy. You can contact him via his myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/neilmellorguitarist or email him at: namalm@lycos.com. Tell him that I referred you.

Please let me know how you make out.
Black_Ice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can go to the institute of contemporary performance which is located in london, and ask your question there. www.icmp.uk.com
chimera963

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Amen to that! I'm a full time student there, currently doing the Diploma course there and the teaching standards are phenominal. If I were you, phone them up and ask them about having some private lessons with a teacher.

What styles are you hoping to cover?

If you're looking for a shred teacher, Charlie Griffiths and Martin Goulding are the ones to go for.

Hope that helps.

-Chris
bluepowder84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man but i got back to singapore a while back....couldnt really coordinate the lessons thing..but thanks for the suggestions Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: