Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - New Toys for Guthrie To Try Out
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Toys for Guthrie To Try Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: New Toys for Guthrie To Try Out Reply with quote

I just sent Guthrie some more goodies to try out: the RMC/Teese Picture Wah pedal, an Xotic RC Booster, and an Axess BS2 Buffer/Splitter. I was looking at the photo of his Fellowship rig and thought that these may be cool additions if he really likes them. The Axess BS2 may be the first thing to put in the line to restore the high-end and low-end that you lose due to loading when running through a long effects chain in front of the amp. You guys know what it's like. There's nothing like going straight into the amp. You definitely lose something when you have pedals in the front. The BS2 brings back the punch and the original integrity of the guitar signal. It may still not quite be like plugging direct into an amp, but it gets really close no matter how many pedals you have in the front.

The Teese Picture Wah is considered the "Holy Grail" of wahs by many wah aficionados, so I thought it'd be interesting to see what Guthrie thought of it. The Xotic RC Booster is a great transparent boost pedal with EQ built in and can be used in a variety of ways: boost to kick the front end of the amp hard, as a clean volume and presence boost at the end of the signal chain (or in the loop), or as a transparent buffer like the BS2 at the front. It's like a Swiss Army knife sort of a pedal that can be used to solve a lot of little problems or enhance what you already have. Definitely one of the coolest little pedals out there. Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He mentioned he was after a Wah in one of the posts recently. I've got a Jem Wah pedal so it had a classic 60s sound, but the noise is pretty bad. Have these got extra circuits to stop me recieving Radio Luxembourg?

I'll take a photo of the rig, if I can get over my fear of resembling a japanese tourist. (Apologies to Japanese people, your stereotypical tourists are iritating in a flash photography way, ours are irritating in a loud, drunken, thuggish, xenophobic way... so overall your's are far less offensive Wink)

I have the power!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: