Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Suhr GG Standard Root Beer
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suhr GG Standard Root Beer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Suhr GG Standard Root Beer Reply with quote

Here is an identical replica of Guthrie's first Suhr Standard.

Suhr Standard - Root Beer finish
Basswood body with Quilted Maple top
Birdseye Maple neck with Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
Even C Slim neck shape .800-.880
16" radius
6105 SS frets
Standard Trem
Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners
Suhr DSH+(bridge), V60LP single-coil, DSV(neck) pickups
Buzz Feiten tuning system standard
Plek Pro machine fret job - http://www.plek.com/

.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
atomicpanda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very tasty *drools*
Adagio_777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's the nicest thing I have ever seen.
scimitar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice bit of kit.
greenfingers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: I WANT THAT GUITAR Reply with quote

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD Shocked I dream and hope my standard comes out looking like that, Ed..... you lucky man.
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope mine looks like that when it turns up i just changed to jumbo frets and routed trem I cant wate to get hold of it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
therag

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez thats beautiful! are those available in the USA?
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the tales told by vikings around the dying embers of a fire is of a shop owner who had waited a long time for his very own great guitar.. then one day a guitarist comes in to his shop and plays every guitar but settles on the the shop owner's guitar... so great is the owner's respect for the guitarist that...

At this stage my wife usually comes into the room and starts screaming "Frank, where the hell did these vikings come from!! I hope you're going to clean out that grate in the morning! Look!! they've spilt meed on the Knoll sofa!".."

... I don't know if the vikings are yanking my chain, but if it's true then perhaps this should be called the Suhr EY Standard Root beer Wink

I have the power!
greenfingers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
One of the tales told by vikings around the dying embers of a fire is of a shop owner who had waited a long time for his very own great guitar.. then one day a guitarist comes in to his shop and plays every guitar but settles on the the shop owner's guitar... so great is the owner's respect for the guitarist that...

At this stage my wife usually comes into the room and starts screaming "Frank, where the hell did these vikings come from!! I hope you're going to clean out that grate in the morning! Look!! they've spilt meed on the Knoll sofa!".."

... I don't know if the vikings are yanking my chain, but if it's true then perhaps this should be called the Suhr EY Standard Root beer Wink

Yes, the tale you speak of is true, I too had heard the Viking legend of a man in the west who bestow a boy from a island of wind and rain an axe of unparalleled beauty.

One day, on a voyage to the big city in the south, I came across the boy in the tale, that boy had now become a man of unrivalled skill, I asked him if the story we speak of was true? "Yes my friend, it is true" Shocked he went on to say the man in the west was one of true wisdom, at this point i asked him "Does this man of wisdom bestow axes to mere mortals?....."I do believe so my young follower". With this in mind is shook his hand and bid farewell and godspeed.

My journey began to find the man in the west of true wisdom. One day i finally found the man of wisdom. He said to me "The axe of your dreams can come true, the man you need is one of flaming arms" this man wares the helmet of the viking and goes by the name of "Mike".

Soon i will be bestowed my own axe........VALHALLA I AM COMING

Last edited by greenfingers on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenfingers wrote:
Soon i will be bestowed my own axe

Make sure you don't faff over the finish as much as I did... I felt rather ashamed Embarassed trans-green... no sonic blue... no sunburst... no plain... with a white ... no black ... no tortoiseshell .. no black single ply ... no triple ply ... parchment knobs..

anyway... the hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, fight the horde; singing and crying...

greenfingers wrote:
........VALHALLA I AM COMING

I have the power!
greenfingers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
Make sure you don't faff over the finish as much as I did... I felt rather ashamed Embarassed trans-green... no sonic blue... no sunburst... no plain... with a white ... no black ... no tortoiseshell .. no black single ply ... no triple ply ... parchment knobs..

Well I'm also a bit ashamed, Embarassed I also did take a bit of time over this, not the colour, it was the quilt. Ed was a true gentleman to help me in my quest. With so much to choose from it can be a bit challenging to get the final spec's done.

Choices...arr...yes...err...i think?...no..maybe..yes! I'll go with that. That does sound a bit familiar to me.
greenfingers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
anyway... the hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, fight the horde; singing and crying...

Ahhhhhhhhh ahhh............ Ahhhhhhhhh ahhh
Skyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would this guitar go for?
greenfingers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyth wrote:
How much would this guitar go for?

I got this for $2,935.00 U.S excluding import taxes in the U.K

sandwichface

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: well it just so happens Reply with quote

Here's mine. I'm in Australia. I picked it up for about $5000 Australian Dollars. It's the most stunning instrument I've ever played. The absolute feature for me is the stainless steel frets. I have a PRS McCarty and I thought it was unbeatable for build quality... The Suhr is just as well built BUT is way way way more musical and versatile. It is a work of art indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: