Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Musical education
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musical education

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joep36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Musical education Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i am looking to attend a guitar school, the places i have been thinking of are, the guitar institute london, guitar x london, acm guilford or bimm bristol which is basically down the road from be, i want to be taught be the best players possibble, does anyone have any experience from any of these types of courses?? thanx.
Joe.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd opt for the place closest to home. There is no "best" but there might be teachers who's work you like. The main thing is keeping with the course either way - so being close to home is less of a pain and less stressful.

I have the power!
RD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I'd think it also depends on what exactly you want to learn. People often seem to think that if you follow a certain education that it makes you a great musician. I don't think it works like that at all. It's not like studying law or economics. Guthrie is mostly self-taught, to give an example.
Slightly Basic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet also offers a great deal of education for free.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: