Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Line 6 POD XT/X3 users - Cornford Mk50h patch/model
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Line 6 POD XT/X3 users - Cornford Mk50h patch/model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Line 6 POD XT/X3 users - Cornford Mk50h patch/model Reply with quote

hey all,
ive been wanting to upgrade my behringer Vamp2 for a while to either a POD XT(with metal model pack) or X3.

ive been gassing for a cornford amp after playing a RK100...but have come to the conclusion that i wont be able to afford it (or the MK50h I & II) for a long long time. i was trying to get the new Roadhouse 30 head as thats more in my price range but my location sucks!
anways im happy with my Framus amps and cabs for now...but i will get a cornford eventually.

so i just noticed that there is a Mk50h model on the XT(with metal pack) and X3.
i know its gonna not sound exactly like one...but any users ahve any experience with this particular patch?
is it usable for that fluid GG soaring lead tone?

cheers
RD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be suprised if the pod can sound like Guthrie.
jakeguitar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i have line 6 flextone and the cornford mk50 amp model seems very fizzy to me but when most knbs are set at 12 o clock, you get a good rhythm tone. I coudnt get a guthrie tone from the mk50 model on it.
frankus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
I would be suprised if the pod can sound like Guthrie.

I reckon it depends on the sampling frequency and the conditions of the POD and the distance the recording device is from the source.

If the POD were sat in a corner unplugged I reckon it'd sound very similar to Guthrie say... reading a book (not something by Neil Gaiman where he might laugh occasionally).

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say that the fluidity and soaringness in gg's lead tone has less to do with his amps than his way of playing. the smoothnes he achieves is very hard for me to copy (duh!) with the same type of tone as guthrie uses. sure there's gain, but he seems to rely a lot on driving the power tubes, there's pronounced upper midrange (to my ears) and not too much bass.

i.e. a sound that's 1) very unlike shred tones and that's pretty unforgiving, and 2) not the type of sound that a pod is great at reproducing.

but what the hell do i know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: