Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Amplitube 2 Guthrie Govan style patch
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amplitube 2 Guthrie Govan style patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eduardo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Amplitube 2 Guthrie Govan style patch Reply with quote

Howdy!

I'm a huge GG fan and i visit this forum quite often but somehow i'm not that assertive poster.

What i have here is a Guthrie Govan Amplitube 2 patch, or at least, something in the same style order. I say this because, as most of you now, a software can not ever replace a real tube amplifier, but it can do some pretty decent stuff and some wild things too. I've made this patch so i could jam along GG's tracks and i really enjoy the final result. Obviously, this is no a Cornford Hell Cat, but it brings me somewhere to that area. I know GG is using someway the famous NI Guitar Rig 3 but to my ears IK's Amplitube 2 sound a little bit more organic.

Another issue that i consider the Holy Grail for Tone Search is the fingers. That's right: the fingers. I can assure you, with 90% sure at least, that if i could play some GG's licks with GG's gear, i wouldn't sound like The Man at all. As simple as that. So, having this in mind, i'm quite happy with this patch so far.

You can get the patch here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YO72XONC

I'm still waiting for GG here in Portugal and a take this opportunity to send special regards to The Man himself and also Alex, cause i like his posts a lot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: