Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Little help with pedal board configuration please?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little help with pedal board configuration please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Little help with pedal board configuration please? Reply with quote

So basically my issue is that I am not sure what to do because my Bad Horsie wah pedal cuts off some of the distortion when I activate it... Does that mean I have to run it through my amps FX loop? Or do I just have it in the wrong place in my pedal board?

Here's the configuration as I have it currently:

Behringer GMX-212 Amp>Ibanez Jemini Distortion>Boss Phase Shifter>Boss DD-3 Digidelay>Bad Horsie Wah>Little Alligator Volume Pedal>Jackson DKMG Dinky

If anyone can help me thanks!

P.S. Also if anyone can explain the difference between Boss's DD3 and DD6 Digital Delay pedals that would be exquisite as well....

Thanks for any help!
sumis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wha goes first in the chain! or perhaps after the distortion. but as early as possible. after the od, the effect will be more throaty or dramatic, but also noisier.

oh, now i see that your chain seems very strange indeed. Confused

i'd suggest:
guitar - wha - dist - phase shifter - delay - amp.

the volume pedal could go different places depending on application, and if it's high or low impedance. before the delay for volume swells or first in chain as a foot controlled guitar volume pot (might not be deireable).

if you're using distorition from the amp, i'd suggest putting the delay in it's loop, IF the loop is good and if it can handle pedal level effects. theis might not be the case.

back to the topic: i've never used the vai wha, but many wha's do not boost the signal when engaged, which result in some gain loss. perhaps the wha pedal has a trim pot for this.

just my 2 cents.

therag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks alot for the advice and the help, i do like your configuration alot better than what i had... however the wah still cuts out some of the tone :/ so i think i'll try running it through my amps FX loop... thanks alot though!
frankus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look for advice on the wah, I didn't like it and sold mine.. it didn't have enough sweep but that might be remedied with internal trim pots.

Morley's after sales is excellent. I can vouch for that personally.

I have the power!
markmcg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was of the same opinion regarding my Dunlop wah and whammy pedal, they robbed a little off the high end frequencies when in the signal chain.

I solved the prob by getting a Boss LS-2 Line selector pedal which allows you to have two FX loops and a straight through. ( http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/LS-2/ )

I have it setup so the Whammy pedal is in loop A and the wah in loop B which has the added bonus that the wah can be left on all the time!! So no classic wah stomping to switch it on/off or hearing that *clunk* Wink. You can mix both A and B loops or just have either or. Tis a great little pedal Smile.

Here's my setup:

Time is the best Teacher, unfortunately it kills all its students
http://www.mastertheguitar.co.uk : http://www.markmcguigan.com
therag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks alot mark! and very fancy set up! love it man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: