Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Fives tapping lick help!!!(the last flurry)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fives tapping lick help!!!(the last flurry)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aveyz1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Fives tapping lick help!!!(the last flurry) Reply with quote

Does anyone have any tips on how to play the last flurry( that massive string skipping stretch!!!!) in the tapping section on fives. I've learnt the chordal tapping bit(thanks to Mark Mcguigans lesson Wink ) but that last massive stretchy bit I need help with. All suggestions welcome, thanks, Aidan.
Scias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its basically a painful stretch at first but you'll get used to it. Before playing the lick it's suggested that you adjust the position of your guitar slightly so that the headstock points up and the body of the guitar is further to the left than normal. This is to get your left arm and hand to a better position for tackling the stretches on the high frets.

I assume you have the tab? You can download it from somewhere, I can't remember. If not I'll tell you the frets to play below. You should know that during the whole lick, I never use my third finger, just first, second and pinky, and 2nd finger of right hand.

All notes are hammered on or pulled off, even the very first note is hammered on. on the A string, you play frets 12,15,19 with left hand, and right hand tap the 22nd fret. You immediately string-skip 2 strings to the B string, and play exactly the same pattern. Same frets, but on the B string. After you've hit the 22nd fret of the B string with the right hand, pull-off the pattern so it becomes a descending run. After you've pulled off to the 12th fret, move your right hand to the 4th string and hammer on the 22nd fret. Move your left hand 2 frets up from where it was before but try to maintain the stretched finger shape of before. Descend the pattern, pulling off, so that after the 22nd fret is played, frets 21, 17 and 14 are played. Ascend the run hammering on, and again skip two strings to the high E string, and at the same time, move your left hand back two frets, to the same position fret-wise as before. Play the same pattern you did on the B string, but on the E string this time. After ascending and descending the pattern on this string, hammer your 2nd finger (left hand) on to the 15th fret of the B string. Lick complete!

Now solo over the keys: Aminor(or Dorian)X4, Cminor(or AbLydian, same thing)X2, Fminor(DbLydian)X2, Repeat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: