Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - BOSS OVERDRIVE / DIST PEDAL ?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOSS OVERDRIVE / DIST PEDAL ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebastian bach

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: BOSS OVERDRIVE / DIST PEDAL ? Reply with quote

my guitar is a ibanez rg2570 prestige and a marshall mg100 my teacher recommendme a BOSS overdrive od 3 or a boss ds 1, what other pedals you would buy, any boss have some of this
greenfingers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more information would be helpful, what type of sound are you going for ? I would think there are a lot of people here that could point you in the direction of a good pedal if they knew the sound you were after.

This may be a assumption, but if you like Steve Vai the DS 1 would be a good place to start. Look for a Japanese one, the design has been changed a few times since the production moved to Taiwan i think, and most people desire the former. Or it you your feeling a little flush have a look at the "Keeley" modded DS 1. Steve used this for some time, but i think he may of switched to his Ibanez Jemini pedal for obvious reasons.
sebastian bach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want a nice overdrive to combine with de dist of my marshall maybe a hard rock and nice lead sound, here in argentina the boss modified are hard to find, i play in a covers rock band,
aveyz1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overdrive you say eh?

Well maybe a ibanez ts-9? good crunchy sound
boss sd-1, boss bd-2? We need to know your price range because if you can afford it i'd stay away from boss. And it's also personal opinion, the best advice is to go to some music store and try a range of them in your price range out, then decide which you like best and get that one!
sebastian bach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , actually last week i bough the BOSS SD super overdrive, really a great pedal, great crunch and warm tube sound, also i try de DS distortion, but i dont really like, i use the sd in the clean and also with the amp drive, works great !
aveyz1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I hope you purchase works well for you. And yeah, try the ds-1, really nice rich distortion! one of the few boss pedals I like Smile
59bassman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS-Don't!!! - And Don't laugh at what I am about to impart...

- Danelectro Cool Cat Drive (£24) AND the Cool Cat CT0-1 Transparent Drive... (£34)

The Drive apes the OCD (as close as you can get to a Marshall JCM in a pedal I think anyway and boy is LOUD) and the CTO-1 the Timmy pedal... which allows for great uncoloured lead boost... All metal construction and true bypass pedals too.

Try them - sell them if not what you want later for nearly same £, but at least you won't have to sleep in the spare room for a month for spending the housekeeping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: