Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BGG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, even the 6 watt Harlequin is mighty loud hahaha.
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im only asking because 99% of amps that say they are 100 watt or 50 watt are not really that loud beause the way the vales are bias most 100 watts are really around 60 watt and moste 50s are around 30watt it all depends on how the amp is wired I was talking to Paul Bielatowicz and when hes with carl palmer and hes useing cornford he likes to use the RK100 as he needs the vol and I have a laney GH50L and the 100 and with moste drummers I work with I need the 100 I know cornford are really loud but I dont know for the work I do if the 35watt would be right for me Im not one of thes guys who thinks a 300 watt marshall is good because its 300watt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SparkyG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used My MK50 Mark 2 on 8 on the master all the time -

But I was going into a Palmer loadbox/speaker Sim and straight into the PA, sounded really sweet, specially with the Golden Dragon Power Valves.

Alas Now it's up for sale, since I've gone all digital..

Cheers

Sparky
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normaly of your selling something you give a price

Wink
shred87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hellcat's red channel is monster loud... i can't to set the volume over 3 in any gig !!!!
SparkyG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price- Yeah that would help-

It's mint and real lightly used, upgraded tubes etc, looking for
£1400

cheers
59bassman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking in on things and glad there are some old Cornford forum followers stopping by... I still miss my daily visit...

Anyway, not much news to add on Cornford ownership per se, but I have now owned my Roadhouse 30 combo a whole year. I love it and especially enjoy linking it to an additional 1x12 V30 cab which is situated the other side of the room - gives lovely 'detailing'.

BUT I have been a busy amp buyer elsewhere:

Oct 08 - Super Champ XD
Nov 08 - 57 Tweed deluxe
July 09 - Fender Super-Sonic

As with the Cornford, I managed, by hook or crook to get devilishly reduced deals - all new too. With these I also have a Pignose G40V (2x6L6 3x12ax7) 40W and a Session Rockette from the 80's. I think I'm just about amped-out!

However, if you said to pick one I couldn't - each was selected for specific characteristics. But when it comes to quality of construction/feel/dynamics - its the Cornford by a mile. I always get such a thrill just flicking the switch to standby and seeing the little green pilot light fire up! Crucial Tone is then just a few moments away....
gadget

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Good news - the Cornford forum is back up and running! Very Happy

The new website should also be online within a week, so even more to enjoy!

Exciting things are happening at Cornford, as preparations are under way to move into new larger workshops, with more staff and new products - but more on all of that later... Wink

And many thanks to all of you GG forum guys for putting us up during our bout of homelessness. We'll still be around for all things Guthrie... Smile

C'ya over at www.cornfordamps.com/forum

Last one in buys the drinks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT !!! Wink
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Cornford mk50 mk2 effects loop help Reply with quote

kev555 wrote:
Hi guys, great to back on the forum.

Just upgraded from my mk50 to a mk50 mk2 , awesome.

picked it up secondhand with no manul, and i am, really struggling with how the effects loops work on this amp.

Can you assign loop 1 to the clean channel and loops 2 to the overdrive channels ?

can switch loop 2 in and out easy via the lopp 2 button . but when using loop 1 its always on.

im stuck anyway, hope you guys can help me out.

cheers
kev

Morning, me again ;o) , this might help..

CORNFORD MK50H II FOOTSWITCH OPERATION

Please ensure front panel channel select switch is pointing towards the overdrive channel for correct footswitch operation.

CHANNEL SWITCH illuminates green LED when the Clean Channel is engaged. When the Overdrive Channel is engaged no LED is illuminated.

MASTER 2 SWITCH illuminates green LED when Master 2 is operational. The master volume controls are both global and operate independently of each other.

OVERDRIVE SWITCH illuminates red LED when the Overdrive control is operational. This is the case even with the Clean Channel engaged, so that it is possible to get your solo sound ready whilst still using the Clean Channel.

EFFECTS LOOP 2 SWITCH illuminates green LED when Effects Loop 2 is engaged.

EFFECTS LOOP AUTO ASSIGN SWITCH allows you to switch between Effects Loop 1 and Effects Loop 2 automatically when the Channel switch is used and overrides the Effects Loop 2 switch. When using the Auto Assign switch, Effects Loop 1 is selected with the Clean Channel and Effects Loop 2 is selected with the Overdrive Channel.
Mr C.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitalkettle wrote:
frankus wrote:
My reason for splitting the thread out is to allow Cornford users a place to keep in touch till their forums come back; without it getting tangled up with a load of nonsense.

Fingers crossed. What would be really cool right now is if someone authoritative came along and gave us the low-down. There's obviously some concern from the loyal user-base and a lot of stories and rumours flying around. I've seen a lot of 'Which valve amp...' threads lately and I reckon many of the loyal users are holding back on word-of-mouth recommendations until they know what the score is (hence the 'not feeling much positivity').

Hi people, how you been?

Here is a little run down,

We were moving to larger premises to expand the handwired production, as we were always working to longer and longer lead times, which was not good,, we had to move factory sooner than we had guessed and had to put all of the components, valves pots transformers cabs ready to go etc etc i.e. everything in to temporary storage, the building where we had everything stored burnt down and destroyed the lot,, a massive kick in the gentlemen's vegetables to say the least.

Restocking after the fire, the components we use take a little longer to get as they are not off the shelve,, example, the custom made CTS pots that are made for us,, they are only made for us, and we normally reorder when we get down to say 700/800 of each value,,, when you lose them all over night, it turned in to a 12 week lead time,, that's CTS' lead time,, I wont bore you with a list of stuff that is not held in stock by suppliers and the lead times they have from their manufacturers,, it would be great just to phone Maplins and have everything replaced the next day, That is why a Cornford amp has been really hard to get hold of,, there is a mountain of orders to get out..

The issues that were there that I had to address were, long lead times on Handwired products and a couple of members of staff who were NOT doing a great job,, not answering the phone not replying to emails, posting CDs etc etc,, hence the move to expand, and the removal of the guys that lost the plot, the fire in the middle of it all was a massive blow, the production on Roadhouse and the Cabinets is now rolling,, the handwired amps will be in about 3 to 5 weeks,,, and with the new factory and wonderful new staff, handwired lead times are going to come tumbling down,,, also with the new office set-up which has been since June, our customer service is better than it has ever been,, and we were always applauded for it in the past,, dip in the middle admittedly, which I apologise for whole heartily for, but those guys who were left in charge of that side of things have gone, and I am overseeing everything So things were addressed as soon a humanly possible, not as soon as I would have liked but we have to deal with employment laws etc,, oh and cds get posted pretty much on the day now, as I do it Surprised) back to the old control freak I always was,, delegating just isn't for me I have found out. suffice to say things are going great and most certainly to plan.

OK got to get on thinking about some sexy amps to design for our 10th anniversary, and some sexy stuff for Guthrie to do, 10th anniversary wise,,,,, gonna be fun,,

Talk soon

Paul

p/s any questions please fire them at me with both barrels..
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic to hear from you paul!

thanks for updating us

shame about the worthless staff, but as the old saying gos....

really looking forward to the new gear!

now you guys are back...lets take over the world!!!!
Mr C.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
fantastic to hear from you paul!

thanks for updating us

shame about the worthless staff, but as the old saying gos....

really looking forward to the new gear!

now you guys are back...lets take over the world!!!!

Sounds like a plan Wink
redhandedhaze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the new site and forums runnin Surprised
Mr C.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redhandedhaze wrote:
Glad to see the new site and forums runnin Surprised

So am I dude, so am I Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: