Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Some Jazz/Fusion Videos up!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Jazz/Fusion Videos up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirth

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Some Jazz/Fusion Videos up! Reply with quote

Here are some videos of me playing with PSI, a progressive/fusion/experimental group (got to love titles, ha). Some pretty cool stuff in there. I think you'll here some Guthrie in there, among other things. Here's the links and short descriptions for each track.

Gollum

-Ken Rubenstein said this sounded like a mix between No Exit and Mahuvishnu, I play 2 solos in this tune, it was pretty fun because I normally don't play the second solo section which is a faster 6.

It's about time...

-This song is kind of King Crimson Like, pretty decent solo.

Closing Time

-Real funky tune, with a delay driven solo.

Mann, wo ist mein Auto?

-Everyone's favorite german sing along, need I say more, ha. (actually pretty funky and tappy)

Blue

-Pretty jazzy tune, but gets crazy as it goes along. We also improvise a reggae section later in the tune.

These videos are actually from about a year ago, and the scene reminds me of Twin Peaks.

Thanks for checking it out, and I look forward to your comments!

Cheers,

Tim
www.reverbnation.com/timmirth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: