Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie YouTube videos ..The Nutter
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie YouTube videos ..The Nutter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLydianKid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Guthrie YouTube videos ..The Nutter Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the comments from some lunatic on the bluesjamtracks videos who claims to be better than Guthrie? His own videos are ..well how can I put this ...beyond belief. The web is full of nutters!!
greenfingers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the guy is some sort of sadomasochist, i think he "gets-off" on people saying how shit he is on a public forum. Best thing to do is not to give him the any acknowledgement. There are a lot Guthrie fans ripping the shit out of him but there is no point, Once you see his video's its quite apparent that he has delusions of grandeur, and is in no way on the same Planet as Guthrie,...... But who is!
sumis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't seen his comments or heard him play, but i'm sure he's better than guthrie, who is an ok fiddler at best. i'm myself is a very much good great player though, and i'll beat you all in a guitar race with fastness of the speed.

adrianclark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Guthrie YouTube videos ..The Nutter Reply with quote

TheLydianKid wrote:
Has anyone seen the comments from some lunatic on the bluesjamtracks videos who claims to be better than Guthrie? His own videos are ..well how can I put this ...beyond belief. The web is full of nutters!!

Oh yes, the "great" Tim Halcomb, who goes by a variety of aliases. He was funny once upon a time, but now it's all a bit boring. Luckily we have a couple of spies out there who alert us every time he changes his username, so we can ban him immediately Very Happy
greenfingers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumis wrote:
haven't seen his comments or heard him play, but i'm sure he's better than guthrie, who is an ok fiddler at best. i'm myself is a very much good great player though, and i'll beat you all in a guitar race with fastness of the speed.

Shocked Oh no, Not you as well. Very Happy
TheLydianKid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing very good!! Some of the reposts to this chap have been very funny indeed and the web is rife with weird and wonderful folk. What isn't so funny however is the way he posts abuse on other peoples channels, young fans of Guthrie who post vids themselves for example, challenging everyone and sundry to a 'Jack Butler' type guitar duel.

This chap is amazingly bad though. He doesn't seem to have heard of intonation or groove. He entered Guitar idol and got 4 votes! The funny thing was they were from his bogus accounts!!
Scias

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a video of a guy playing some jazz song on youtube. According to the description it was tim halcomb but you never know it might have been an imposter. The playing was distinctly average. Not too great. Guthrie definitely is the most appealing guitarist to me. What annoys me is that people don't realise how nice a guy Guthrie is, with no sense of competition or conflict, just 100% enjoyment and passion for playing music.
frankus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scias wrote:
What annoys me is that people don't realise how nice a guy Guthrie is, with no sense of competition or conflict, just 100% enjoyment and passion for playing music.

Why let it annoy you though?

Look at the kittens, they're fun aren't they.. they aren't annoyed, they're all soft...

The one on the right is called Phillip - every time you feel annoyed, look into Phillip's eyes and feel the calmness of the kittens wash any annoyance away.

I have the power!
greenfingers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill have it with Milk and no sugar please Frankus Twisted Evil I'm sweet enough.
Scias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
Scias wrote:
What annoys me is that people don't realise how nice a guy Guthrie is, with no sense of competition or conflict, just 100% enjoyment and passion for playing music.

Why let it annoy you though?

Look at the kittens, they're fun aren't they.. they aren't annoyed, they're all soft...

The one on the right is called Phillip - every time you feel annoyed, look into Phillip's eyes and feel the calmness of the kittens wash any annoyance away.

Lol the mighty boosh

Aye maybe annoy isn't the right word to use there. To be honest I don't really care about any jealous people of GG. I don't let it annoy me. And thanks the picture of the kittens helped.
Chilton-a-tron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha Mighty Boosh... nice one frankus... yeah there be freaks all 'round trying to get there slice of fun pie... but ya know if it gets you down... just put of a CD of Guthrie's and I'm sure you'll forget whatever it was that was so bad before Very Happy

... and If the kittens don't work I've got a picture of some otters in a barrel if you need something stronger Wink
govan8ter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this guy TimHalcomb is posting on Guthrie's videos because he wants to gain popularity on the net. His guitar playing isn't bad, but he's trying to be an ass, to make himself popular. The more people talk about it, the more popular he gets...so let him Razz
ragingmollusk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've been harassed on youtube by this guy for a long time now. He posts comments on my videos from various different accounts with the most ludicrous content. At first I retaliated in a considered way but then I realised I was just helping his cause for infamy.

There are those on youtube who try to insinuate him but really it isn't worth it. He realises himself that he is not good enough to become a widely regarded musician, so instead he just tries his hardest to become a widely regarded moron.
antonis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you guys get trolled so easily
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antonis wrote:
lol you guys get trolled so easily

I'm not sure that we do, more importantly: "you guys" does tha mean you're not one of us?

I have the power!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: