Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Suhr-Guthrie European Clinic Tour
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suhr-Guthrie European Clinic Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAXtheGuitarlover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
DLM wrote:
MAXtheGuitarlover wrote:
See you at Station Music, Ed! Smile

Strangely enough, the first mention of this event on this forum (or the Suhr forum, for that matter)

Station Music have put up a special page, though of course it's in German:

http://www.station-music.de/specials/workshop.html

I've put myself down for both the masterclass and the workshop. Cool

It will be my first Govaning after about 15 years of following the bearded one. Very Happy

Still trying to finalize one more date before I publish the finalized official schedule. We're not going to France and Sweden is still up in the air at the moment. I gave our dealer in Sweden an end-of-this-week deadline to say yes or no. I understand that the holiday season makes it difficult for them and I told him that we could always do it next time with more notice and planning. If not Sweden, we may give Poland a shot.

But, yes, Station Music is confirmed. Really looking forward to visiting Germany and Stuttgart.

Stuttgart? Isnt station music in Jettingen-Scheppach (about 130 km away from Stuttgart) ?
DLM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:

Still trying to finalize one more date before I publish the finalized official schedule.

I figured as much. Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAXtheGuitarlover wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
DLM wrote:
MAXtheGuitarlover wrote:
See you at Station Music, Ed! Smile

Strangely enough, the first mention of this event on this forum (or the Suhr forum, for that matter)

Station Music have put up a special page, though of course it's in German:

http://www.station-music.de/specials/workshop.html

I've put myself down for both the masterclass and the workshop. Cool

It will be my first Govaning after about 15 years of following the bearded one. Very Happy

Still trying to finalize one more date before I publish the finalized official schedule. We're not going to France and Sweden is still up in the air at the moment. I gave our dealer in Sweden an end-of-this-week deadline to say yes or no. I understand that the holiday season makes it difficult for them and I told him that we could always do it next time with more notice and planning. If not Sweden, we may give Poland a shot.

But, yes, Station Music is confirmed. Really looking forward to visiting Germany and Stuttgart.

Stuttgart? Isnt station music in Jettingen-Scheppach (about 130 km away from Stuttgart) ?

Yeah, but we'll have to fly into Stuttgart. I've never been to Europe so I don't know the geography there too well. Hans-Peter at Station did say the drive to his place from the airport is a little over an hour away.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems we will be in Sweden after all. That was the only location up in the air and Musikborsen definitely wants to host the clinic, so I'm going to be working on the details now with the folks there.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
GuitarFred

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard some rumors about Musikborsen in Stockholm... Great news!

Don't forget, there's a Musikborsen shop in Malmö in the south of Sweden too, for all us south residents... Wink
Insomnia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope there is some masterclasses in Sweden aswell, one of thoose would be awesome!
I hope my schduel fits in with this session.

/Mikael
olliewoodwright

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitalkettle wrote:
Speaking of which, is anybody going to the Verheyen & Govan masterclasses + gig at the end of October (in the UK)?

yep!

also how about coming to brighton?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's the latest. All the locations and dates have been confirmed with the Suhr dealers. Details about the venue and the times are still in the works. Hope to have all of the details nailed down in the next week or two. For now, these are the dates. Please check with the dealer for tickets as most will have a master class in late afternoons with clinic/show starting in early evenings.

Dec 6 Sun - Essex, UK - 3:00PM - master class, clinic, concert with EC, sponsored by Peach Guitars - http://www.peachideas.com/

Dec 8 Tue - Newcastle, UK - time TBA - master class, clinic, sponsored by Guitar Guitar - http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/newcastle_shop.asp

Dec 9 Wed - Manchester, UK - 4:00PM - master class, clinic, sponsored by Sounds Great - http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com/default.asp

Dec 10 Thu - Birmingham, UK - time TBA - EC concert

Dec 13 Sun - venue TBA, Netherlands - 3~9PM - will also feature Suhr artists Richard Hallebeek and Jose de Castro, sponsored by Van de Haar - http://www.haarguitars.nl/import/

Dec 15 Tue - venue TBA, near Stuttgart, Germany, time TBA, master class, clinic, sponsored by Station Music - http://www.station-music.de/

Dec 17 Thu - venue TBA, Sweden, time TBA, clinic (master class not determined yet), sponsored by Musikborsen - http://www.musikborsen.se/

Dec 19 Sat - venue TBA, Norway, time TBA, master class, clinic, concert, sponsored by Godlyd - http://www.godlyd.no/

More details to come soon. I'll keep you guys posted.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted for peach and my tickets for birmingham just came in the post Very Happy
Voojitsu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked in for the Masterclass with Guthrie in Manchester. I'm so excited! Thanks for setting this up Ed, it's a great opportunity!
DLM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:

Dec 15 Tue - venue TBA, near Stuttgart, Germany, time TBA, master class, clinic, sponsored by Station Music - http://www.station-music.de/

Confused The Station Music website is quite clear about the venue being their regular shop premises in Jettingen-Scheppach. Question
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLM wrote:
alexkhan wrote:

Confused The Station Music website is quite clear about the venue being their regular shop premises in Jettingen-Scheppach. Question

That is correct. I just listed the closest major city since that's where Guthrie and I will fly into. It will be near the shop premises.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the info on the Norway master class and clinic on Dec 19 Sat. Norwegians, please come out and celebrate the winter solstice in style! Cool

http://www.godlyd.no/default.asp?page=722
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Insomnia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Hey Ed, thanks for all these great news! Could you please tell me the differences between the masterclass and clinic? How's a typical course of masterclass and clinic?

The master class is music education, general all-around lesson that explores Guthrie's own technique, theoretical insights and tips, and there would also be question-and-answer sessions at the end. The clinic is product demonstration with Guthrie and me taking turns explaining the background and features of the instruments with Guthrie doing the demos and a few performances to backing tracks.

Hey, this might seem like a dumb question. But if your in an masterclass, do you bring your guitar - or maybe only Guthrie got a guitar?
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this, really great that you guys could stop by Sweden! Very Happy Still hope I can join you, need clear the schduel, and so forth.

/Mikael
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insomnia wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
Johnny wrote:
Hey Ed, thanks for all these great news! Could you please tell me the differences between the masterclass and clinic? How's a typical course of masterclass and clinic?

The master class is music education, general all-around lesson that explores Guthrie's own technique, theoretical insights and tips, and there would also be question-and-answer sessions at the end. The clinic is product demonstration with Guthrie and me taking turns explaining the background and features of the instruments with Guthrie doing the demos and a few performances to backing tracks.

Hey, this might seem like a dumb question. But if your in an masterclass, do you bring your guitar - or maybe only Guthrie got a guitar?
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this, really great that you guys could stop by Sweden! Very Happy Still hope I can join you, need clear the schduel, and so forth.

/Mikael

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have your guitar but it's more about absorbing about Guthrie's insights on things like technique, concepts, tone, developing ideas, improvisation, etc. He'll do demos using his trusty Boomerang of what he'd do over a certain chord progression to make the lines sound more interesting and a bit "outside" and things like that. Some guys don't bring their guitars and just sit and take it all in. It's up to you.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: