Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Greetings from Los Angeles, California! Tons of fans here!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Los Angeles, California! Tons of fans here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelordofthestrings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Greetings from Los Angeles, California! Tons of fans here! Reply with quote

Hello all, my name is Jairo. I live in Los Angeles, where there are tons of Guthrie fans. I have made it a personal matter since 2005 to make sure every living soul knows about this man's playing. It would mean the world to me and everyone else here if Guthrie could play a live set for the public (outside NAMM) in Los Angeles. I will definitely be harassing the Baked Potato to open up their ears to GG next time he comes around.

On a side note, I do have one interesting GG story to tell Smile

For a time (in 2006) I worked the front desk at a 5-star hotel on the Sunset Strip. Because of it's location to all the hot Hollywood venues, we would constantly have top musicians as guests. One time we had Vai, Satch, and Timmons all checked into the hotel at once. Although Vai and Satch slipped by without me seeing them there, Andy was personable enough to check into the hotel himself. When he did, I mentioned GG's name and asked if he had heard of him. Andy mentioned he had heard the name but never heard the music. The next day I brought my copy of Erotic Cakes and gave it to him. He was inspired and impressed to say the least! He was kind enough to give me a copy of his CD signed as a trade I assume Smile A year later, I see a video of them jammin on stage together. What a beautiful thing!

Anywho, enough rambling. Thank you for the hospitality GG fans!

Jairo Camacho
http://youtube.com/user/thelordofthestrings
olliewoodwright

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jairo,

Welcome! Good to have you here. We're next door neighbors. Smile

We tried to arrange a Guthrie gig at the BP after NAMM but it just didn't happen. The gig at Tone Merchants near Anaheim on Jan 16 Sat is open to the public.

http://tonemerchants.com/

But, yes, please let the folks at the BP know that it'd be great to have Guthrie do a gig there.

Thanks for spreading the word and the great story!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: