Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Live webcast on Wed, did you see it? Can you help?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live webcast on Wed, did you see it? Can you help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyrg570

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Live webcast on Wed, did you see it? Can you help? Reply with quote

Hey first post - love Govan , I saw his live webcast on lick library , and he answered a question about an arpeggio .

the song was im 99% sure was- waves and it had a tapping section very quick and an arpeggio decent.

I'm very interested in this - if you caught the webcast and know the part I mean pls let me know where in the song it is as I've looked at lots of tabs and cant find it

The theory was - he used 1 octave on the bottom e and a strings then repeated a sequence on the d and g two frets up then he returned to the postition he started in and played another sequence and ended by playing an arpegio decending

I know this is vaugue unless you saw the wecast or know this formula he uses alot in licks then dont worry

hope you can help
thanks in advanced :d
~
RoryButler

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, it's "Govan".
Secondly, don't write in all caps please!

And thirdly, this is quite a big guess, but, he played Sevens, Waves and Ner Ner in the webcast.
I think you're mixing Waves with Sevens. In Sevens there's a tapping part which everyone instantly goes "Holy crap look at that tapping." which I think you're on about.

Look about the forums there are tabs for it, check Levi Clay's transcriptions (look on the stickied thread at the top!) if he hasn't done that one (I forget which he's done!) there's an old thread of GG tabs around this section and I believe someone, one of the first posts, tabbed that tapping section.

If however he did some tapping in waves, there's a high chance it was improvised Confused most renditions of Waves I've seen haven't really stuck to the recorded version.
Though who knows? When the webcast hits the internet as a recorded version people may get transcribing the webcast versions? Wink

EDIT Sorry!
I now know what you're on about! He answered a question about the tapping lick in wonderful slippery thing. (which annoyed me, because everyone and their dog knows the theory behind that Laughing ) that's the song you're after, again there is a sticky for it, and I think Levi Clay has also transcribed it. It's probably the most covered Govan song considering he tabbed it out himself in GT magazine. Smile
sumis

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Sumis, I like broken biscuits and Wayne Krantz.
sumis

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a ghost in the machine ...

digitalkettle

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumis wrote:
there's a ghost in the machine ...

I saw it too!

CREEPY.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[humming the "twilight zone" melody]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: