Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guitar Gigs in London
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar Gigs in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kidz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Guitar Gigs in London Reply with quote

hi there london buddies!!! pls can u do me a little favor, as i will spend 2 more days here in london. can u guys pls recommend me some gigs or maybe guitar shops here? or do you think i have any chance to see guthrie's live here? (if he's back already) ....

in the hong kong clinic a irish buddy who said to me guthrie he used to play weekly somehere in london. so just want to see if i can be lucky enough to see him again here. Razz

thx.
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie plays weekly in chelmsford, thats not london

I have some gigs coming up, but not in the next two days

Theres not really much going on guitarwise in London at the momment to be honest
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
kidz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops arrr i got it wrong. thanks for your info anyway.

where do u usually play sir? i hope i can come see u play next time when im back again here in a short time.

yea i dont see any guitar related things around. people here are just so into soccer. (soccer + alcohol actually). yesterday i saw a bunch of youngsters marching with a soccer as if an army. drinking and singing up loud in hammersmith...honestly i was a bit scared of them causing riot. (not the pedal) then i'd just realized how crazy they are into it.
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some SERIOUS players in london, sadly there arent any gigs for them!!

We play in venues such as the purple turtle, the gaff and the underworld

and on the football thing you cant really blame them, it was our first game in the world cup, national pride kicks in
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
RoryButler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the football will hinder the music front for a short while unfortunately.

I'm in Cork in Ireland at the minute, came for the Rory Gallagher tribute weekend, there was meant to be an acoustic artist on Monday (which was the 15th anniversary of Rory Gallagher's death so he was gonna do some of the acoustic tunes) her at the Old Oak, but he walked through into the bar, everyone was shouting and chanting at the various televisions around the bar and he just walked straight on through and left.

That's a kind of isolated incident considering it was very unprofessional as the game was almost over!
But many pub style venues would probably prefer the numbers they'd get from sticking the game on over a band Confused

But look around a bit, even if there isn't any good music you'll always find a cheap and cheerful house band playing somewhere or something!
kidz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@missmisstreater

Im back to home town HK and just seen some hellcat molly on youtube. you guys play so damn good! i really hope i can get to see you guys's live sometime. Smile

about football games. i do enjoy world cup i dig the atmosphere too. i probably didnt explain clearly my meaning. all i want to say is simple. the only thing i dont like is people who act like drunk that lead others to be kind of threatened. and those youngster gave me exactly this feeling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: