Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - The Backing Tracks are here...
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Backing Tracks are here...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: The Backing Tracks are here... Reply with quote

Some of you may have noticed I took my tabs down out of respect for.....

http://www.jamtrackcentral.com/cakes_special.php

its finally here, let me know what you think of it

Wink
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
vinccenzzo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bro,

I just tried to purchase it until Paypal declined my credit card...for absolutely no good reason since I'm sure the card is valid. bummer!
jordan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Backing Tracks are here... Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
Some of you may have noticed I took my tabs down out of respect for.....
http://www.jamtrackcentral.com/cakes_special.php
its finally here, let me know what you think of it

Wink

Awesome, I'll be buying that tonight.
Out of interest....the page sounds like it was all Guthrie's input....your last comment and wink implies you had some input into it. What's the deal with this package?
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian was the man with the plan, all transcriptions were submitted to Guthrie and he made any edits

for example, the tapping lick in 7s, Guthrie added (although this is played the 22 fret, i prefer to play it on the 23rd but didnt have any 24 fret guitars in the studio)

lovely touch, great package
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
jordan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
Adrian was the man with the plan, all transcriptions were submitted to Guthrie and he made any edits

for example, the tapping lick in 7s, Guthrie added (although this is played the 22 fret, i prefer to play it on the 23rd but didnt have any 24 fret guitars in the studio)

lovely touch, great package

Ah ok, so they're your transcriptions but kinda signed off by GG?
Good work dude...hopefully a nice step forward for you.
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, theyre Adrians..... he transcribed a bunch of tunes i already did. But as you can only copyright a piece of music once really it doesnt matter as it's Guthrie's
adrianclark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the plug, Levi! Very Happy

Jordan - I did the transcriptions (which was lots of fun) but with the luxury of being able to send them to Guthrie and have him correct them. If only every job was like that...

That meant we were also able to discuss what should be included in the transcriptions. Obviously, we wanted to show all the primary "Guitar 1" parts which Guthrie would play in live performance, but we've also included other parts crucial from an arrangement point of view (the harmonies in Uncle Skunk would be an example of that).

Some guitar tracks are more textural, so we didn't include them or the Tab layout would have been unwieldy... that's a particular issue when you're dealing with a purely electronic medium (reading off a screen).
silverbeetle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought the pack last night and was getting a 404 error after entering my code to download... did anyone else get this problem?

it said something about 3 attempts and i've done two so i'm nervous to try again without being given the all clear.
jordan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To roughly repeat what I posted on the Suhr forum:

I bought this package last night and it's killer Smile
Worth every penny, really well thought out and put together. Kudos to all involved.
silverbeetle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam track central got back to me and resolved the problem. listening to the backing tracks now, man - so cool! great to listen to and focus on what's going on behind the amazing leads.

can't wait to grab the guitar and try and make some noise over these \m/
adrianclark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverbeetle wrote:
i bought the pack last night and was getting a 404 error after entering my code to download... did anyone else get this problem?

I've a feeling you might have been trying to download at the same time as I was uploading it again. There was a typo in one of the text sections, so I wanted to fix it quickly Very Happy

(Anyone who has the original with the typo has a RARITY and should probably try to sell it on Ebay for a ridiculous amount of money Wink)

Quote:
it said something about 3 attempts and i've done two so i'm nervous to try again without being given the all clear.

For future reference, don't worry... if your 3 attempts don't work, get in touch with us and we'll give you a new download code (with 3 more attempts). We'll keep giving you new codes until it works Smile

The "three strikes" thing is just a deterrent against people passing a single code around all of their friends on every guitar forum.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan wrote:
To roughly repeat what I posted on the Suhr forum:

I bought this package last night and it's killer Smile
Worth every penny, really well thought out and put together. Kudos to all involved.

Thanks Jordan!
emmerhoofd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie mentions a PowerTab tab file at the beginning of the PDF. Obviously the tabbings were done in PowerTab, why was the tab file not included?

Also I spotted some errors/misprints were G. recommends certain keys and modes.

Great package though
Very Happy
adrianclark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmerhoofd wrote:
Guthrie mentions a PowerTab tab file at the beginning of the PDF. Obviously the tabbings were done in PowerTab, why was the tab file not included?

Also I spotted some errors/misprints were G. recommends certain keys and modes.

Yeah, it's amazing... however many times you check something, you always find more errors later Rolling Eyes

There's a new version of the PDF going up now... we'll be emailing a link to everyone who's already bought it, just so they can get the perfect version Smile

The Powertab bit was an error... we decided at the start not to include the Powertab files. Guthrie was concerned about people modifying the files and putting them online (also, in this case, there's very little extra to be had from a Powertab file over the PDF).
vinccenzzo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Paypal accepted my credit card and I was able to download the package. Like most of us here I've been waiting for these tracks for a while and I'm really excited to start jamming, it's 2am in California and I know I'm not gonna get to bed until the sun rises.
Congrats to all involved in the making of this thing, Jamtrackcentral, Adrian and of course GG.
I just wish there was more transcription though, I think a lot of us do. I understand what Guthrie has to say about it and it makes sense, but as far as I am concerned what amazes me about him, more than any guitar player I've heard before, is his ability to improvise and pick better notes than I would ever think of. Full transcriptions would have be helpful to understand a lot more about what's going on with this guy, or maybe not Smile
Of course I'd rather not have anything at all than something where the fingerings are wrong, like some of the so called "artist approved" songbooks that are commercially available.
Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that there's still a demand for a full songbook, even with no tabs at all.
Nonetheless, I'm a happy guy tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: